Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
I'm experiencing an issue, preferences are set to this, yet alerts still aren't being marked as read when I open the menu or view the alerts page unless I click on each alert.
1612495069539.webp
Using XF 2.2.3 and add-on version 2.8.19.

There's also an issue where alerts notifying individuals of new comments on AMS articles aren't being marked read, even when both the alert menu and articles have been opened.

I'll need to see what AMD article comments are doing, they might be setting the "auto read" flag to false which would cause this which is weird.

What's also kind of weird is that other alerts were getting marked as read when the menu was opened shortly after the upgrade to XF 2.2, yet later that day it stopped automatically marking them as read in response to the menu being opened, despite the preferences saying that they should be marked as read in that situation.

i think i may noticed about this also.....i didnt check all the settings but anyway fwiw ive noticed that it only happens with new posts and not reaction alerts....case thats any help...

Additionally, a member reported that alerts are showing up out-of-order, instead of being listed from newest to oldest. Also, thanks for looking into the issue with AMS the comment alerts!

What's also kind of weird is that other alerts were getting marked as read when the menu was opened shortly after the upgrade to XF 2.2, yet later that day it stopped automatically marking them as read in response to the menu being opened, despite the preferences saying that they should be marked as read in that situation.
Ah. XF2.1=> XF2.2 update may be doing something weird, and it may not be interacting with some of the base XF2.2 feature-set correctly :(

Additionally, a member reported that alerts are showing up out-of-order, instead of being listed from newest to oldest. Also, thanks for looking into the issue with AMS the comment alerts!
This is the option "show unread & read separately" (or words to that effect)

Seems to be a small bug with summarized reactions and pagination.

Came across a post that has reactions of 24 'likes' and 2 'loves', clicking on the reactions link shows 20 on page 1, but clicking on the link to page 2 reports an 'oops, we ran into some problems' error.

Summarized Alerts.png

seems to be a link formatting problem.

the pagination uses this link:

...account/alert/?alert_id=xxxx&page=2

it should be

/account/alert/xxxxx/?page=2

Reactions: Xon
@Xon after upgrading to 2.2.4 via the newest version of the addon I'm getting this server error:

Code:
    Error: Call to undefined method XF\Repository\UserAlert::pruneViewedAlertsBatch() src/addons/SV/AlertImprovements/Job/ViewedAlertCleanup.php:62

Generated by: Unknown account Mar 16, 2021 at 3:00 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): SV\AlertImprovements\Job\ViewedAlertCleanup->run(8)
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#3 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#4 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(28) "https://www.dressedwell.net/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Xon I've got an error in current version

Code:
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Repository\UserAlert::markAlertsReadForContentIds() src/addons/SV/AlertImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php:466
Generated by: testuser 

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/SV/AlertImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(418): SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Account->markViewedAlertsRead(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection), true)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionAlertsPopup(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'AlertsPopup', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(233) "/account/alerts-popup?_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2Ftexnicheskaja-podderzhka-i-predlozhenija-po-organizacii-foruma.41805%2Fpage-87&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1618169446%2C6d52bd10124514da844c8030da4640a2&_xfResponseType=json&_=1618169401130"
  ["referrer"] => string(105) "https://aviaforum.ru/threads/texnicheskaja-podderzhka-i-predlozhenija-po-organizacii-foruma.41805/page-87"
  ["_GET"] => array(6) {
    ["/account/alerts-popup"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(85) "/threads/texnicheskaja-podderzhka-i-predlozhenija-po-organizacii-foruma.41805/page-87"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1618169446,6d52bd10124514da844c8030da4640a2"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["_"] => string(13) "1618169401130"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I'm experiencing an issue, preferences are set to this, yet alerts still aren't being marked as read when I open the menu or view the alerts page unless I click on each alert.
View attachment 245627
Using XF 2.2.3 and add-on version 2.8.19.

@Xon we seem to be having the same issue after upgrading from XF2.1 to XF2.2. Running XF 2.2.4 and Alert Improvements 2.8.20. If members click mark read next to each alert they'll go away, but trying to mark a page of alerts as read doesn't work.

Before I had this add-on in my forum but after I update to xenforo 2.2 I have a problem I would like to know if it is related to this add-on if there is any record in the database that is generating this error when loading the page, ghost alert appears I do not understand I really give it a mark all read but over time it reappears eye I do not have this add-on installed, can you help me

1621392757053.webp

This add-on doesn't really interact with how the alert counts are shown.

I'm guessing you might be visiting a page with a lot of reactions which are then marked as read. This should update the visitor's alert counts but maybe something is broken.

Make sure you've updated this add-on!

Before I had this add-on in my forum but after I update to xenforo 2.2 I have a problem I would like to know if it is related to this add-on if there is any record in the database that is generating this error when loading the page, ghost alert appears I do not understand I really give it a mark all read but over time it reappears eye I do not have this add-on installed, can you help me

View attachment 252092
Check for any outdated templates when you've updated this add-on. It's what caused this issue for many others.

Check for any outdated templates when you've updated this add-on. It's what caused this issue for many others.
I do not have an outdated template that only happened to me after I went to xenforo 2.2 I have almost a year with that problem I have tried to solve it in many ways but I can not find the problem

Top Bottom