Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
Xon updated Alert Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.8.9 - Bugfix & Maintenance update

• Make global "mark read" work without a overlay or redirect to a new page, and reload alerts on the existing page when invoked
  • Handle alerts unviewed/unread being out of sync so trigger summarization
  • For reaction summary alerts
    • Ensure reactions have stable sorting (new summarizes only)
    • On generating summary alerts, ensure they are treated as just-read correctly in the UI.
    • On viewing details, Fix the new alert star was being put under the avatar incorrectly...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Which 'mark read'? What version of XenForo? Have you reloaded the page after the add-on finished installing?

Xon updated Alert Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.8.12 - Bugfix & Maintenance update

• Adjust lock ordering to reduce/prevent deadlocks between the mark read/unread feature and inserting alerts
    • Note; this affects stock alerts as well.
  • Fix that mark read/unread would silently fail if an alert went away
  • Fix bulk alert toggle could be inconsistent compared to the individual alert toggler with how it manipulates is-read/is-recently-read/is-unread classes
  • Add public account/alert route, allowing nicer URLs for alert specific actions
  • Fix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would you consider a staff CC function for "reason" alerts?
So for example. An admin deletes a thread, and fills in the reason "Promotion in the wrong area."
The moderators gets the same alert the user did with adjusted language letting know the admin that deleted it and the reason.

This is good to keep mods on their toes and looking out for certain violations. This would be for edits, deletes, and all the "reason" actions.

The setting could be in the user group or in the mod and admin staff settings. Something like:
Receive CC of actions sent with a reason by administrators Y/N
Receive CC of actions sent with a reason by moderators Y/N

OR it could be a CC tick box when actually sending.

This way you control if mods get it from admins, or from other mods, or admin to admin, etc. Great for training mods or just giving staff a heads up to current actions.

Thanks!

Great work @Xon, thanks for the speedy updates on this!
I would prefer to get it right the first time :(

That said, there have been a lot of incremental updates to smooth unexpected janky behaviour out.

Would you consider a staff CC function for "reason" alerts?
So for example. An admin deletes a thread, and fills in the reason "Promotion in the wrong area."
The moderators gets the same alert the user did with adjusted language letting know the admin that deleted it and the reason.

This is good to keep mods on their toes and looking out for certain violations. This would be for edits, deletes, and all the "reason" actions.

The setting could be in the user group or in the mod and admin staff settings. Something like:
Receive CC of actions sent with a reason by administrators Y/N
Receive CC of actions sent with a reason by moderators Y/N

OR it could be a CC tick box when actually sending.

This way you control if mods get it from admins, or from other mods, or admin to admin, etc. Great for training mods or just giving staff a heads up to current actions.

Thanks!
This sort of feature is what I'ld put into Report Centre Essentials or Moderator Essentials for this sort of moderation automation

Check you don't have an outdated template (and the latest version), v2.8.13 definitely has the correct phrases there;

Hello, @Xon
After 2.2 compatibility updates i have a strange thing.
I have high-load forum, (~250k users, ~11M posts, ~6k posts per day)

I am seeing the following changes. Mysql gets a very heavy load on operations and bandwidth (60-120 MB/s). I watched the problem and I suspect that this is due to the scheduler tasks. xf_job receives UnviewedAlertCleanup job with 5-6 MB of execute_data. see screenshots. This was not the case before in 2.1 :( Apparently the plugin in its current state will not work with high-load forums. It's sad.

Attachments

• Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__15_54.webp
    Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__15_54.webp
    76.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__16_13.webp
    Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__16_13.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__16_15.webp
    Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__16_15.webp
    77 KB · Views: 10
  • Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__16_17.webp
    Pasted_Image_07_12_2020__16_17.webp