Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
This add-on still supports XF2.0, and works with Content Rating for XF2.0 and Content Rating for XF2.1.

I just haven't pruned the XF2.0 related support out yet.

We have been receiving dozens of these since the upgrade to 2.2.0:

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Method isRecentlyViewed is not callable on the given object (SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Entity\UserAlert) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1160
Generated by: xxx 2 Oct 2020 at 18:58

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method isRecent...', '/home/xxx/p...', 1160, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1160): trigger_error('Method isRecent...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s29/public/svAlertsImprov_account_alerts_popup.php(37): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Entity\UserAlert), 'isRecentlyViewe...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1608): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('svAlertsImprov_...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:svAlerts...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:svAlerts...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(464): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

We have been receiving dozens of these since the upgrade to 2.2.0:

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Method isRecentlyViewed is not callable on the given object (SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Entity\UserAlert) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1160
Generated by: xxx 2 Oct 2020 at 18:58

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method isRecent...', '/home/xxx/p...', 1160, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1160): trigger_error('Method isRecent...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s29/public/svAlertsImprov_account_alerts_popup.php(37): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Entity\UserAlert), 'isRecentlyViewe...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1608): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('svAlertsImprov_...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:svAlerts...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:svAlerts...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(464): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Compatible XF 2.x versions: 2.0, 2.1

Disable it.

Is it possible having this installed with 2.1 could have affected 2.2 even with the addon disabled in 2.2? Several users are complaining about alerts since upgrading to 2.2 and we disabled alert improvements before making the upgrade.

Thank you so much for the info. We are eagerly waiting for the update and we really need it.

Question: This addon doing the same behavior for profile post as well just like thread post?

Xon updated Alert Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.8.1 - Feature & XF2.2 compatibility update

• Requires XenForo 2.1+
  • Requires php 7.0+
  • Recommend Warning Improvements 2.5.4 to support "Anonymize warning issuer" feature & Alert Improvements
  • Recommend Thread Starter Alerts 2.2.0 to support "auto read" feature
  • Now depends on Standard Library by Xon
  • Supports XF2.2+
  • On browser prefetching, do not automatically mark alerts as read.
  • Add "Alert summarize limit" option to prevent unexpectedly large number of alerts being checked for summarization...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
I just updated this and things just got confusing. I have no idea what's going on with the altering background colour changes and the star.

The background colors should be identical with the previous version (there is a new is-recently-read class, but it should be effectively the same styling as before), and none of the logic of when the star is added or styling has changed

The background colors should be identical with the previous version (there is a new is-recently-read class, but it should be effectively the same styling as before), and none of the logic of when the star is added or styling has changed
I see. My server error log has been getting spammed with errors since update. I've opened a ticket over at your site.

There's something definitely not right about this add-on. I disabled the add-on and reenabled it to check something. Now it's showing an alert, 3 rows down, as unread/new alert with the star beside it even though I have read it. It's also still showing with the star and highlight even though I've visited the post again.

Also not sure what the resummarize button is meant to do but it's doing nothing for me.

Top Bottom