Resource icon

Aggregating Forums [Paid] 2.8.1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hello fans of Xon!

Anybody can show me how this add-on works on a live site?

I'm searching for a way to create a better 'feed/timeline page' instead of the vanilla XF.

I want to create a way to users customize their 'watch/following' options to show on one page, including profile posts.

Can we do that with this?

This add-on just does threads, but is more like a "live" search forum without the possible stale caching.

You can use the "proxy link forum" add-on to make other forums appear as child forums, which allows you to have a single parent forum that has the other forums in it.

This add-on just does threads, but is more like a "live" search forum without the possible stale caching.

You can use the "proxy link forum" add-on to make other forums appear as child forums, which allows you to have a single parent forum that has the other forums in it.

Xon, and the user can customize what nodes will appear on the “search forum” or just by the admin side?

The admins define what can be aggregated, then based on user-group permissions, users can customize what appears in the node.

Xon updated Aggregating Forums with a new update entry:

2.7.3 - Bugfix update

• Fix that the "all" forum aggregation view would not always include some link-forum nodes when "Proxy Link Forums" add-on is installed
  • Massively simplify User::isNodeAggregated and is now a wrapper on Node::isAggregated, now only functions in the XF\Pub\Controller\Forum\actionForum context. It now correctly detects and handlings proxy link-forum add-on which requires the context to correctly mark child-forums as aggregated without iterating the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Error that needs fixing urgently as access to certain areas on our site is inaccessible:
Server error log
  • Error: Call to a member function traverse() on null
  • src/addons/SV/AggregatingForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php:146
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Oct 25, 2022 at 1:35 AM

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/SV/StandardLib/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(21): SV\AggregatingForums\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): SV\StandardLib\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'Forum', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\RedisCache\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\RedisCache\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(12) "/news/page-4"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/news/page-4"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}

Does the $20 "Yearly Renewal" mean that I have to pay $20 every year to use it? Or is the $20 only if I want updates?

Another option I think would be great is if the filters were color coded (or somehow style-coded) and then posts in the aggregated list showed in the style of the filter. It would make it easier to tell which content is from a sub-forum.

I know this was asked four years ago, but is there still no way to aggregate everything into a category?
It is just easier to convert a category into a forum which users don't have posting permissions than it is to display threads in a category.

It is just easier to convert a category into a forum which users don't have posting permissions than it is to display threads in a category.
Easier for you. :) I have a couple categories with non-straight-forward permissions, and since there's no easy way to duplicate permissions from one node to another, I'm hesitant about changing something like that.

Also, doing it with a forum creates an ugly display. For example, my board now has a landing page that looks like this:

1672451728819.webp

But if I convert those two categories into forums, that display will change, and it'll show a "Thread" and "Message" column that is always 0.

I understand that it's probably easier for you, as the addon developer, to just support forums, but for the users it would certainly be nice if it supported categories as well.

No one has reported any issues between Aggregating Forums add-on and Prefix Essentials add-on, so you'll need to provide more details

Given:

Forum A shows
[cats] 10, [dogs] 12

Forum B shows
[cats] 14, [dogs] 12

Change to:

Forum A
-- Forum B

Forum A should integrate Forum B
I await now:
[cats] 24, [dogs] 24

but it still shows only the prefix count for Forum A
[cats] 10, [dogs] 12

Makes sense on one side. We are still in Forum A,
but a user wants to click on [dogs] to see all dogs from Forum A and B.

In other words, I can not use it now because users will not understand why the usual function (clicking on prefixes on top of thread) does not work.

But maybe I have not configured it correct?

Top Bottom