Advanced User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I did want to point out a little more clearly is that popup issue, I recorded a quick video demonstrating the issue(s):
http://www.screenr.com/0gr8

Should be fairly clear from the video, the popup didn't work despite the option being set properly unless the if statement was removed, bypassing the boolean altogether and of course it worked, however the popup would appear near the top of the page. Is there anyway to make it work like Membercard overlays do? Those open and stay fixated near the center of your screen even when scrolling. Maybe I can figure it out myself by looking at the membercard overlay itself, which I'll do.

Edit: Expanding on this, would it be possible to bypass the confirmation altogether and have the subscribe/purchase buttons go directly to paypal as they did before? Just trying to keep my options open. Thanks as always!

Weird that setting the option doesn't work for you, I use the exact same version on my site where it works fine. I'll try to fix this in the next version.

As for the popup placement, I can see if there is something in the XF code that allows me to do this, as currently I am simply hooking into their JS code to show the popup. All I do is give a css class that indicates it should be a popup.

Thanks for the update!

One thing I noticed was clicking the "Details" button in the transaction log brings up an error.

20120608131932637.jpeg

However clicking on the actual message goes to the details of that log entry (not in an overlay like before, but on its own page, not sure if this is intended or not).

Edit: Getting the same error when trying to filter the the transactions. Perhaps this is an issue on my end? Can anyone else confirm if the issues I've mentioned are present for them or not?

Thanks

Thanks for the update!

One thing I noticed was clicking the "Details" button in the transaction log brings up an error.

However clicking on the actual message goes to the details of that log entry (not in an overlay like before, but on its own page, not sure if this is intended or not).

Edit: Getting the same error when trying to filter the the transactions. Perhaps this is an issue on my end? Can anyone else confirm if the issues I've mentioned are present for them or not?

Thanks

Sorry about that, fixed now.

Sorry about that, fixed now.

Hey Naatan how exactly does the file management work, say I purchase on the product page of yours, would you manually send me the file, does it give me access to a certain node in the forum allowing me to download it there, or is there an attachment option linked to the upgrade somehow, I hope that makes sense :)

There are two different features that SO many people have neglected to add for a basic user upgrades... seeing as I'm going to buy this one in the next few weeks, it would be nice if you could add the following even though I'll still be buying it (Only the requirement one, no need for the zero price one).

I'd love to see a simple feature of requirement, till something can be bought. Such as"Upgrade required till THIS upgrade can be bought", it would be perfect for example if you want to discount(Once the upgrade 1 has been bought, disable the upgrade 1 buying ability and enable the Upgrade 2 to be bough) people, but only after they have already purchased something. Not only would many people have use for it, but it is also really easy to add for the current version of Xenforo. The only problem that I have had, is the fact that I have no experience in making the options side, the gui, for this. It would be just a dirty database value modification from me and small code modification to the original core.

Other idea would be to have the ability of "selling" free upgrades, instant enable without paypal once user presses the button... but I wouldn't have as much use for it than for the above one. This would work just perfectly with the above one as well though :)

Just to clarify before a purchase, with the allowing multiple purchases, if someone has say 3 days left of their upgrade and buys again, will it add the year on and make it 1 year and 3 days?

Naatan, Paypal allows a trial period and then a monthly/yearly billing cycle. Can I pay you so in the backend I can do this:

1) Set a down payment (example: $100/year)
2) Once the year is up it will renew to $50/year.

While creating a subscription in paypal it allows you to create a trial period and then a billing cycle. This is what I need to do and need it done by the weekend. Think you can embed something like this or just custom for me since it will only be 1 downpayment and a diferent price per year?

Please let me know asap thx :)

Naatan, Paypal allows a trial period and then a monthly/yearly billing cycle. Can I pay you so in the backend I can do this:

1) Set a down payment (example: $100/year)
2) Once the year is up it will renew to $50/year.

While creating a subscription in paypal it allows you to create a trial period and then a billing cycle. This is what I need to do and need it done by the weekend. Think you can embed something like this or just custom for me since it will only be 1 downpayment and a diferent price per year?

Please let me know asap thx :)

Though this is something I am able to do, I do not have time to do this by next weekend, I'm sorry.

Quick version of my question: Can XF / this addon e-mail a subscriber whenever a subscr_failed txn_type from paypal is sent to XF via the IPN?

This would be an e-mail to alert the subscriber that their recurring payment has failed and what they need to do to rectify it, as defined in an e-mail template.

----- and the long version... -----

I'm not sure if this would be the place to ask, but if not I'll merely open a thread in the appropriate forum with the same question.

On my forum my users have subscriptions, and sometimes these fail on the recurring payments, however Paypal does not notify them that their payment has failed.

Paypal's IPN seems to send a subscr_failed for the txn_type when this occurs.

Do you have any idea if it would be possible, either with your addon or something else, to have Xenforo e-mail whatever e-mail is in the "payer_email" field whenever a subscr_failed occurs?

Example of a failed one:
Transaction Log
Transaction
ID: 2424
Record ID: 0
Processor: paypal
Transaction ID:
type: error
Date: Yesterday 3:27 AM
Transaction Details
txn_type: subscr_failed
payer_email: their-email@service.com

He e-mailed me this morning asking why his sub was ended since he had not cancelled. If I could have XF e-mail these customers whenever this happened, using a defined e-mail template, it would save my subscribers and myself a lot of headache.

A lot of them end up signing up for multiple subscriptions after a failed payment since they have no idea it failed and think the sub naturally expired / was a one time ordeal, then wonder why they're getting two bills later on. Not a great setup and it's clear I have to do something in order to notify subscribers when their sub has failed a payment and what to do to resolve it.

Any insight you have about this would be greatly appreciated, it's something I want to accomplish one way or another but figured perhaps your addon would be a good place to include it? Not sure really, if not I'll open my own thread in the dev section. Thanks for your time & great addons!

Quick version of my question: Can XF / this addon e-mail a subscriber whenever a subscr_failed txn_type from paypal is sent to XF via the IPN?

This would be an e-mail to alert the subscriber that their recurring payment has failed and what they need to do to rectify it, as defined in an e-mail template.

----- and the long version... -----

I'm not sure if this would be the place to ask, but if not I'll merely open a thread in the appropriate forum with the same question.

On my forum my users have subscriptions, and sometimes these fail on the recurring payments, however Paypal does not notify them that their payment has failed.

Paypal's IPN seems to send a subscr_failed for the txn_type when this occurs.

Do you have any idea if it would be possible, either with your addon or something else, to have Xenforo e-mail whatever e-mail is in the "payer_email" field whenever a subscr_failed occurs?

Example of a failed one:

He e-mailed me this morning asking why his sub was ended since he had not cancelled. If I could have XF e-mail these customers whenever this happened, using a defined e-mail template, it would save my subscribers and myself a lot of headache.

A lot of them end up signing up for multiple subscriptions after a failed payment since they have no idea it failed and think the sub naturally expired / was a one time ordeal, then wonder why they're getting two bills later on. Not a great setup and it's clear I have to do something in order to notify subscribers when their sub has failed a payment and what to do to resolve it.

Any insight you have about this would be greatly appreciated, it's something I want to accomplish one way or another but figured perhaps your addon would be a good place to include it? Not sure really, if not I'll open my own thread in the dev section. Thanks for your time & great addons!

Sure, definitely possible. I don't have time to work on it now but I have some plans for a future update and will include this.

I'm looking for Category for User upgrade too. So the User Upgrade page will look like a shopping page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom