Advanced User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya but thats a pain with 500 - 600 people getting the Free VIP for 5 days at the same time...

Not sure what you are asking for then. This addon works with the build in User Upgrades. It sounds like you are looking for something very specific?

Any news on gift purchases (or rather on any updates/features in general)? I noticed that other gift purchases addon that was released a couple days ago, which reminded me of this addon and piqued my curiosity again. Just wondering of course, no rush.

can you not make it so when you add this addon it creates a Products page and for those who dont want that page a check box in the settings to disable?

I still don't know what you mean by product page, the first page I linked to is included with the addon. The product specific page is not - nor will I include it as it's out of scope. This addon is meant to add certain features to "User Upgrades", a "product page" is not really part of that.

Any news on gift purchases (or rather on any updates/features in general)? I noticed that other gift purchases addon that was released a couple days ago, which reminded me of this addon and piqued my curiosity again. Just wondering of course, no rush.

Yes it's still planned. I have a few addons to maintain as well as my daytime job and freelance work though, so I can't work on this as often as I'd like.

Sorry, I was confused with the "Disables user upgrades" feature, which does the inverse of what you are asking for. I will add a "Enables user upgrades" feature. As for usergroup specific upgrades, I will also look into that.
Hi Nathan
I haven't followed this since my question so I don't know if this is available yet.
Can this be added to a page where guests can pay to make a post (job listing) in a specific forum. They can sign up in the process. I see that you have the upgrade path when people signup but if we have multiple type of account upgrades, how can we chose which upgrade to provide?
I was thinking along the line of if people signup from the Job Listing site to pay for post, they will only see the upgrade designed for them.

Hi Nathan
I haven't followed this since my question so I don't know if this is available yet.
Can this be added to a page where guests can pay to make a post (job listing) in a specific forum. They can sign up in the process. I see that you have the upgrade path when people signup but if we have multiple type of account upgrades, how can we chose which upgrade to provide?
I was thinking along the line of if people signup from the Job Listing site to pay for post, they will only see the upgrade designed for them.

I've thought about something along these lines, I'll probably be adding categories or tags at some point so you can have sections for specific upgrades.

Has there been any thought into incorporating trial User Upgrades into this add-on? It would be great to have the ability to offer a 7 Day Trial or whatever to show my users what kind of features they are missing out on.

It would be a one-time trial, for x number of days, and at the end of the trial they could get an email suggesting that they purchase a full user upgrade.

Finally got this and so far I only have one question.

I had a pretty customized account_upgrades template, and it seems as if the addon does a template replacement and instead uses account_upgrades_advanced. I began to just copy my edits over to the _advanced one which I would just maintain with each addon update. My confusion comes when I get to a part of the original account_upgrades template where all the paypal <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value= et etc> lines are and noticed your advanced template doesn't include these. Does it pull them from the original template somehow? And if so would it only work if the original template was in its original state?

Here's a notepad++ comparison shot, left is the advanced template which I was editing, and the right is the original account_upgrades template with my customized input type lines for paypal.

20120605234920451.jpeg

I just want to ensure those settings are going to be carried over somehow as it includes extra data into their paypal subscriptions such as their Steam ID's in addition to their usernames. Any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated, as I don't feel 100% comfortable enabling the addon until I have this figured out for sure. Thanks!

It is now done server side. You can see it in library/AdvancedUpgrades/ControllerPublic/Upgrades.php starting at line 183.
You can edit that file to add in what you want after each release like you would with templates.

It is now done server side. You can see it in library/AdvancedUpgrades/ControllerPublic/Upgrades.php starting at line 183.
You can edit that file to add in what you want after each release like you would with templates.
Excellent thanks!

Expanding on that, I see there's a custom value here:

PHP:
'item_name'        => $upgrade['title'],

Which from the looks of it would just print the name of the upgrade after the "For:" on a paypal subscription creation notification. Originally I had this print "For: Account upgrade: upgrade title (username / steam id):
HTML:
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="{xen:phrase account_upgrade}: {$upgrade.title} ({$visitor.username} / {$visitor.customFields.Steam})" />

I think I need a little help translating that over to PHP as it's evident I'm not much of a coder... :oops: would it use the same values just in a slightly dif format?

'item_name' => $upgrade['title'] $visitor['username'] $visitor['customFields.Steam']... errr

Anyway thanks for the help thus far.

Excellent thanks!

Expanding on that, I see there's a custom value here:

PHP:
'item_name'        => $upgrade['title'],

Which from the looks of it would just print the name of the upgrade after the "For:" on a paypal subscription creation notification. Originally I had this print "For: Account upgrade: upgrade title (username / steam id):
HTML:
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="{xen:phrase account_upgrade}: {$upgrade.title} ({$visitor.username} / {$visitor.customFields.Steam})" />

I think I need a little help translating that over to PHP as it's evident I'm not much of a coder... :oops: would it use the same values just in a slightly dif format?

'item_name' => $upgrade['title'] $visitor['username'] $visitor['customFields.Steam']... errr

Anyway thanks for the help thus far.

Assuming those key names are correct, you would use (from the top of my head, I can't verify right now):

PHP:
'item_name' => $upgrade['title'] . $visitor->username . $visitor->customFields['Steam']

I will try to facilitate this in the future.

Assuming those key names are correct, you would use (from the top of my head, I can't verify right now):

PHP:
'item_name' => $upgrade['title'] . $visitor->username . $visitor->customFields['Steam']

I will try to facilitate this in the future.
I'll give it a test and see. Thanks Naatan.

Worked, my final output:
PHP:
            'item_name'     => 'Account Upgrade: ' . $upgrade['title'] . ' (' . $visitor->username . ' / '  . $visitor->customFields['Steam'] . ')',

Another thing I noticed was now there's an /upgrades page after my domain, when before the only way people could purchase upgrades was via /account/upgrades. I also noticed that the popup overlay doesn't work via /account/upgrades but does via /upgrades. Perhaps the one via /account/ isn't reading the boolean for the usePopup option or whatever.

This seems a bit odd to me given all the other links in XF for account upgrades go to /account/upgrades, and it's apparent that the account_upgrades_advanced template is being rendered on both areas, the /upgrades page simply doesn't have the account menu on the left.

This doesn't seem normal. I reverted the advanced template back to its original state as that's the only thing I touched and the popup still wouldn't work even though the option was set correctly. Only when I manually got rid of the if is statement for the popup and only left the line that should trigger the overlay/popup did it work, but it didn't work properly, the overlay would open near the top of the site when you were scrolled down closer to the bottom, thus it won't appear on screen.

Was the extra /upgrades page without the account wrapper there simply for customizable purposes? E.g. someone wanting to do domain.com/products or other? It seems to me some of the intended functions of the addon only seem to work properly if I access it via domain.com/upgrades instead of domain.com/account/upgrades.

Just trying to understand the entire addon a bit more I suppose. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Another thing I noticed was now there's an /upgrades page after my domain, when before the only way people could purchase upgrades was via /account/upgrades. I also noticed that the popup overlay doesn't work via /account/upgrades but does via /upgrades. Perhaps the one via /account/ isn't reading the boolean for the usePopup option or whatever.

This seems a bit odd to me given all the other links in XF for account upgrades go to /account/upgrades, and it's apparent that the account_upgrades_advanced template is being rendered on both areas, the /upgrades page simply doesn't have the account menu on the left.

This doesn't seem normal. I reverted the advanced template back to its original state as that's the only thing I touched and the popup still wouldn't work even though the option was set correctly. Only when I manually got rid of the if is statement for the popup and only left the line that should trigger the overlay/popup did it work, but it didn't work properly, the overlay would open near the top of the site when you were scrolled down closer to the bottom, thus it won't appear on screen.

Was the extra /upgrades page without the account wrapper there simply for customizable purposes? E.g. someone wanting to do domain.com/products or other? It seems to me some of the intended functions of the addon only seem to work properly if I access it via domain.com/upgrades instead of domain.com/account/upgrades.

Just trying to understand the entire addon a bit more I suppose. Thanks for any info you can provide!

This is simply because one of the features in this addon is that it enables guest purchases, whom quite simply don't have an account to speak of. I could have worked around this with the standard url, but I don't like that the url itself refers to an account that does not exist.

The issue has been reported before though, and I will address it in a future update by redirecting account/upgrades to /upgrades if it's accessed by guests.

This is simply because one of the features in this addon is that it enables guest purchases, whom quite simply don't have an account to speak of. I could have worked around this with the standard url, but I don't like that the url itself refers to an account that does not exist.

The issue has been reported before though, and I will address it in a future update by redirecting account/upgrades to /upgrades if it's accessed by guests.
Ah I see, makes more sense now. One other thing I noticed was in the transaction log I see a lot of messages that say "No txn_id" - I open them up and the type is error. The transaciton type, or txn_type changes.. some of them are for subscr_signup, others are for subscr_cancel, subscr_eot, subscr_failed, etc.

20120606022540151.jpeg

You wouldn't by chance know why this might be? More so curious if this is anything to worry about... seems odd that so many just get the message "no txn_id" - one of the reasons I got the addon was to better understand what was happening with the communication between XF and Paypal, as I was noticing some oddities I couldn't quite explain and perhaps the log would help, however it seems all entries except payment received come through as "no txn_id"

Or is the log only accurate for NEW sign ups via the addon itself? Because another oddity I noticed was this:
20120606023323219.jpeg

"Showing 0 of 1,054 items." with no pagination. However I checked your screenies and they to say "0 out of # items", but with only 10 in your screenshot I can't tell if I'm supposed to have pagination for my 10+ items.

Sorry for all the questions! Addon seems great so far, just trying to get it setup to my desire & ensure everything is peachy. Thanks again for your help!

Pagination should definitely work, will check this for the next update. As for the error; hard to say what may be the cause of this. My addon only lists the database transactions exactly as they are, and seeing as you installed it today it sounds like this isn't an issue with the addon itself. Maybe these are just paypal callbacks that XenForo doesn't handle, again - hard to say without getting down and dirty with the code.

Pagination should definitely work, will check this for the next update. As for the error; hard to say what may be the cause of this. My addon only lists the database transactions exactly as they are, and seeing as you installed it today it sounds like this isn't an issue with the addon itself. Maybe these are just paypal callbacks that XenForo doesn't handle, again - hard to say without getting down and dirty with the code.
Yeah figured. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Edit: Found this https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?...e_howto_html_IPNandPDTVariables#id091EB0901HT

Shows that for subscription variables, the transaction ID txn_id is only available for USD payment and multi-currency payment transaction types, as such Paypal will not send the txn_id to the IPN for the transaction unless it is a subscr_payment type.

----

One thing I did want to point out a little more clearly is that popup issue, I recorded a quick video demonstrating the issue(s):
http://www.screenr.com/0gr8

Should be fairly clear from the video, the popup didn't work despite the option being set properly unless the if statement was removed, bypassing the boolean altogether and of course it worked, however the popup would appear near the top of the page. Is there anyway to make it work like Membercard overlays do? Those open and stay fixated near the center of your screen even when scrolling. Maybe I can figure it out myself by looking at the membercard overlay itself, which I'll do.

Edit: Expanding on this, would it be possible to bypass the confirmation altogether and have the subscribe/purchase buttons go directly to paypal as they did before? Just trying to keep my options open. Thanks as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom