Advanced Attachment System (AAS) [Deleted]

IMG_1906.webpIMG_1907.webp
Perhaps I am mistaken. It seemed to me that you could not create a second instance of an "attachment" that uses a previous attachment file. I did find the ability to look at the collection of attachments and to do an insertion, but what happens is that you do not get an attachment with a thumbnail. Instead you get an image reference to the URL for the original attachment. That is not really useful since it does not display as the user expects.

Our typical posts will have 5 or more views of an object that is discussed in the text. In order to have the post reasonably sized all the images that appear in the discussion are thumbnails. Follow on discussions often use the same images in a similar or different context. Essentially all of our discussions are about watches and clocks where both the external appearance and the internal mechanical elements are important for understanding.

Last edited:
Let me see if I can illustrate the issue by reposting one of the above attachments in this post. It is easy enough to click on the thumbnail and then select the image address to use in an image post. If I am not mistaken, that is effectively what AAS does with its attachment reuse.

img_1906-jpg.156384

Hello, problem with watermark (version 2.3.0):
Original image:
bug1-orig.webpbug2-orig.webp
Result after applying watermark (text watermark version, same problem with watermark image):
bug1.webpbug2.webp

Linux 4.10.0-32-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 8 12:10:06 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
PHP 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.17.04.1 (cli) (built: Aug 8 2017 22:03:30) ( NTS )

I use php 7.0.22 to, but without these trouble - so i think its a problem with the used image library like Imagick or GD? And these are png or jpeg files?

I have Installation GhostScript but Its still showing Not found: GhostScript (identification not 100%), What is fix for this issue?

Code:
# rpm -qa | grep ghost
ghostscript-9.07-20.el7_3.7.x86_64
ghostscript-devel-9.07-20.el7_3.7.x86_64
ghostscript-fonts-5.50-32.el7.noarch

-_GKOeRpTZKpmt9AgCfnIg.png

I use php 7.0.22 to, but without these trouble - so i think its a problem with the used image library like Imagick or GD? And these are png or jpeg files?

I was trying GD and Imagick (in xenforo settings) with same result. I attach original images, as you can see it is png files. I personally think that the problem related with transparent zone in image.

@ajiekceu4
I mean, it can be a version problem. Let me this weekend take a look about my installed Imagick version, so I can say more. All I can say at the moment ist, latest version of AAS works for me.

@otto where is watermark (text or image) on your images? I don't see anything. Without watermark it works, but after applying watermark to image - result, as i post here.

Upon reviewing the features of this addon, I found that the page displayed in the attachment account tab has two bugs.

The first bug is that the thumbnail used to show the attachment is just a crop of the upper left corner of the image. It is pretty much useless in identifying anything since it is normally the uniform background of the image. It should be formed the same way those on forum list are formed.

The second bug is that clicking to display an attachment from that view loses the tab selection information so that returning with the back button goes to the first tab on the page rather than the attachments tab. I believe it should actually open a new tab or window when an attachment is clicked so the user can just close that tab or window.

au lait updated Advanced Attachment System (AAS) with a new update entry:

Version 2.4.0 BETA

I'm looking for 3 beta testers!
As a thank you there is a license of my add-ons.

This is beta software. It is not officially supported. We do not recommend running it in production.

[add] Prevent duplicate Attachments
[+add] Please also note to "Rebuild Caches" -> "Rebuild Attachments"

[fixed] Several improvements
[*] Many many design/phrasen improvements

!IMPORTANT!
With this option, no duplicate attachments are stored physically!

The...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@au lait I have Installation GhostScript but Its still showing Not found: GhostScript (identification not 100%), What is fix for this issue?

Code:
# rpm -qa | grep ghost

@au lait I have Installation GhostScript but Its still showing Not found: GhostScript (identification not 100%), What is fix for this issue?

Code:
# rpm -qa | grep ghost

It can be that PDF preview is still possible!
Unfortunately, the detection of ghostscript is not 100% possible.

Test PDF preview

After installed latest version, signature for all users is not visible.
This is a serious bug.

Top Bottom