Advanced Attachment System (AAS) [Deleted]

Getting these errors when viewing attachments from thread list (and there are many)

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:304
Gegenereerd Door: Onbekend Account, 16 minuten geleden
Stack Trace #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Aanvraagstatus array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(114) "https://forum.bodybuilding.nl/topics/master-of-magic-god-of-war-odin-wanders-alone.113806/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["simplePage"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Edit: : Looks like this is happening with +1000 pages threads. Also in the error log the same happened after install.

Last edited:
@dutchbb
For me, it looks like a less memory problem. This looks more like a issue in server configuration as a addon error.

Can you post your server config and php, mysql config?

@dutchbb
For me, it looks like a less memory problem. This looks more like a issue in server configuration as a addon error.

Can you post your server config and php, mysql config?

No problems with other add-ons. But in some large threads there are many attachments (most images are uploaded on our forum). Only happens with +1000 pages thread and those contain up to +500 attachments in it.

I could post them, but not sure where to get them :p I only use the settings available on whm and server was configured by someone else.

With more addons you use, and with bigger threads/posts/pictures you need more memory - thats not a specitical problem from this addon. Talk with your host to raise up the memory limit a litle bit and all is just fine. :)

And? That says nothing why its not enough. I dont know what other addons he use and how many members he has at same time eg. The only thing we know now is the addon linkdirectory needs e litle bit more, then the server have free.

With more addons you use, and with bigger threads/posts/pictures you need more memory - thats not a specitical problem from this addon. Talk with your host to raise up the memory limit a litle bit and all is just fine. :)

Correct, but 256MB should be more than enough. I already raised that from 128MB to be sure some time back, most things i have adjusted myself in cpanel/whm. Only what i have to change with SSH i don't do.

Last edited:
And? That says nothing why its not enough. I dont know what other addons he use and how many members he has at same time eg. The only thing we know now is the addon linkdirectory needs e litle bit more, then the server have free.

That could be, but the memory_limit is also for safety there not? So that those add-ons don't use to much memory.

Well you just don’t throw unnecessary hardware at a issue, you find the cause of the problem then rectify it. Should it be low memory issue, then you add more.

Correct, but 256MB should be more than enough.
Why?
You can not say, 256 MB will be in every case the best practice. Thats not stone printed. ;)

I use also 256 MB
1527112018079.webp
With this addon, and round about 45 other addons I have no trouble. So you see, 256 MB can be enough or in some cases not enough.

Only what i have to change with SSH i don't do.
I hope, you have a managed server or webhosting package and not a dedicated root server. ;) If you dont can change this, ask your hoster. Often they can also take a look why your php memory limit is not enough.

I hope, you have a managed server or webhosting package and not a dedicated root server. ;) If you dont can change this, ask your hoster. Often they can also take a look why your php memory limit is not enough.

I have a managed VPS, but most of the time it is related to the add-on that is using to much memory for a specific request. In this case it could be because there are many pages and attachments in a specific thread. So i could increase memory limit but maybe au lait can make some changes so it uses less.

If anybody else tried this with +1000 pages thread and/or attachments that would give some more information if it is related to my server settings or the add-on.

In the meantime i will post some of the info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom