Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Current advertisers can extend their ad at any point so I don't see how would that work.
Some ad spaces (e.g. pageskin) can be taken by 1 advertiser on the same date.

If payment can be made and a reservation can be made; 1 advertiser gets December 15-22, the other advertiser gets December 22-29. These dates appear as unavailable and those who want to advertise can choose among the available dates.

Hello, we are very new to xenforo and learning how it works and how to use it. We do need an addon for ads.

Question - is it allowable to install Ads Manager 2 on both our test site (not visible to public) and our main site? Two installations, in other words, one only for testing?

Thank you!

- Dave

Hello, is it possible to embed a Youtube video ad in custom positions like it allows with a banner ? I would like to place a video ad in a specific forum above the thread list. Thank you !

I actually figured it out, used a YouTube embed code then created an ad using ad type "code". Easy peasy, great software

Hello, could someone please point me to where the carousel function is in the Ads Manager settings ? I can't find it and I searched all the settings.
Thanks !

Okay, I finally figured it out, had to create a package. But I still have one issue, our ads rotate but I can't seem to switch the mode, I set it to "fade" or "flip" and it still keeps the default transition. Help please !

tried raising a support ticket on your site but it didn't work

this error for the last few days

• LogicException: Cannot manipulate data when the session is not started
  • src/XF/Session/Session.php:111
#0 src/XF/Session/Session.php(125): XF\Session\Session->__get('samCountryIsoCo...')
#1 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Criteria/Geo.php(17): XF\Session\Session->get('samCountryIsoCo...')
#2 src/XF/Container.php(276): Siropu\AdsManager\Criteria\Geo->__construct(Object(XF\Pub\App), Array)
#3 src/XF/App.php(830): XF\Container->createObject('Siropu\\AdsManag...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Container.php(234): XF\App->XF\{closure}('Siropu\\AdsManag...', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#5 src/XF/App.php(3243): XF\Container->create('criteria', 'Siropu\\AdsManag...', Array)
#6 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Entity/Ad.php(456): XF\App->criteria('Siropu\\AdsManag...', Array)
#7 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(564): Siropu\AdsManager\Entity\Ad->matchesGeoCriteria()
#8 [internal function]: Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->Siropu\AdsManager\Template\{closure}(Object(Siropu\AdsManager\Entity\Ad))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(197): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#10 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(565): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#11 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(392): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->prepareAdsForDisplay()
#12 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(383): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->setAds()
#13 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Listener.php(62): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->__construct(Object(XF\Pub\App), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect))
#14 src/XF/Extension.php(81): Siropu\AdsManager\Listener::templaterGlobalData(Object(XF\Pub\App), Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect))
#15 src/XF/App.php(2994): XF\Extension->fire('templater_globa...', Array, NULL)
#16 src/XF/App.php(2212): XF\App->fire('templater_globa...', Array)
#17 src/XF/App.php(2081): XF\App->getGlobalTemplateData(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect))
#18 src/XF/Pub/App.php(451): XF\App->preRender(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect), 'html')
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(397): XF\Pub\App->preRender(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect), 'html')
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect), 'html')
#21 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#22 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#23 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#24 {main}

has anyone experienced this issue ?
No issues here.
If that error doesn't repeat itself over and over, it may just be a one-off thing and I wouldn't worry about it.
If it is repeating, then I'd disable the addon to see if it's the true cause and see if it's only specific to this one.

Probably would be helpful to note what PHP version you are using and if you're using the latest addon version.

No issues here.
If that error doesn't repeat itself over and over, it may just be a one-off thing and I wouldn't worry about it.
If it is repeating, then I'd disable the addon to see if it's the true cause and see if it's only specific to this one.

Probably would be helpful to note what PHP version you are using and if you're using the latest addon version.
a reoccurring problem
php 8.0.30
latest add on 2.4.20

I make heavy use of this product on multiple forums, and never had the error. Perhaps a conflict with another product?

Until last week, I was on php 8.0.30. I am now on php 8.2.13 and everything works fine with both versions.

Hi, I have read almost all pages of this long thread, but dit not find a solution - please help ;)

I have two banner packages, a small and a big banner. Both were shown in the header position - aligned both next to each other. Mobile devices did not use the headers, banners are not shown.
Because of that I have changed the position of both packages to "above top breadcrump" - but i did not find a way, to have both banners side by side and not below one another.

I have also tried to create a new position as @Siropu wrote in #2984 but that destroys the layout. Buttons "Neue Beiträge" and "Neues Thema erstellen" moved to the left side of the page.

Thats how it looks now - i just want both banners side by side, aligned to the right.

Unbenannt.webp

URL is https://messerforum.net/

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 1705175939742.webp
    1705175939742.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
...to have both banners side by side and not below one another.
This is accomplished with css. One way to do this is surround both ads with a container that is set to display "block" and the ad units themselves set as display "inline-block".

Add this to your extra.less template:
CSS:
custom-ad-container {
    display: block;
}
custom-ad-unit {
    display: inline-block;
}

Then modify your ad code to look like:
HTML:
<div class="custom-ad-container">
    <div class="custom-ad-unit">
        ** AD Code #1 Here **
    </div>
    <div class="custom-ad-unit">
        ** AD Code #2 Here **
    </div>
</div>

Last edited:
This is accomplished with css. One way to do this is surround both ads with a container that is set to display "block" and the ad units themselves set as display "inline-block".
Thanks for your help!

But where to add the css code in Ads Manager? Could this be done via editing the packages. Or for every single ad?

Some ad spaces (e.g. pageskin) can be taken by 1 advertiser on the same date.

If payment can be made and a reservation can be made; 1 advertiser gets December 15-22, the other advertiser gets December 22-29. These dates appear as unavailable and those who want to advertise can choose among the available dates.

@Siropu this implementation could solve a lot of problems even for banners, sticky threads other than skin ads.

@nopitter HTML goes in the "Code:" setting for your above-top-breadcrumb position. Without modifying templates you will need to place both ads (all ads) for the same position in the same ad code. If you want to have separate statistics for all ads in that same position you will need to modify either modify a template or adjust the alignment and style settings of the individual ads to get what you want.

Top Bottom