Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
I'd really like to see a fix for the large ads on mobile as reported above. I think it's affecting traffic and people don't like it. I know I don't.

I don't think it can be fixed on the add-on side. Try using the "no wrapper" feature and see how that shows up.
You know what's coming next...."where do I find that?" - I checked ad and package settings. What am I missing?

The other concern that this demonstrates is if Google can do this, how do we prevent an advertiser from doing it? We need to ensure a way to constrain sizing to whatever we are specifying. I guess that can be done at ad uploading but we just need to be sure this is properly handled.

where do I find that?
In the ad/package "Basic information" tab.

The other concern that this demonstrates is if Google can do this, how do we prevent an advertiser from doing it?
There is a different since adsense is an external script that renders in an iframe and you cannot control external scripts. There are no issues with banner uploads.

I don't see it in either the ad or package under basic information. This is a banner ad type. Add-on version 2.4.20.

It's under Basic Information for "Code Ad" types. Can be set per-package or ad hoc code ads (AdSense, etc.)

1701446482221.webp

I found the fix in searching how to control ad size in adsense. Essentially you need to create your own style properties per the article below, I moved mine to extra.less and then remove the sizing in the google ad code and add your class name. @Siropu I'm not sure if you already have a class that could be assigned instead of us creating our own that manages this for the ad/package?

Attachments

• Maxmind.webp
    Maxmind.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm not sure if you already have a class that could be assigned instead of us creating our own that manages this for the ad/package?
There are no classes for adsense. Have you tried to use a responsive adsense unit with the size set in the ad/package?
Please is it possible to display ads in between thread paragraphs or above every thread?
Thread paragraphs or posts?

There are predefined positions and dynamic for between posts and inside posts (See "Thread view" position category).

To display after every post use Below thread post x container with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.
To display above every post use Above thread post x container with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.
To display after every post content use After thread post x content with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.
To display above every post content use Above thread post x content with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.

Secondly, please these error logs always pops up in my admin dashboard, it's related to Maxmind Geolite 2.
Are you using latest add-on version? Have you updated the geo lite database?

There are predefined positions and dynamic for between posts and inside posts (See "Thread view" position category).

To display after every post use Below thread post x container with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.
To display above every post use Above thread post x container with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.
To display after every post content use After thread post x content with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.
To display above every post content use Above thread post x content with Position criteria Item ID set to X1.

Are you using latest add-on version? Have you updated the geo lite database?
Yes. I'll download the Geo Lite Database Again and reupload.
I'm also using the latest Add-on version as well.

I found the fix in searching how to control ad size in adsense. Essentially you need to create your own style properties per the article below, I moved mine to extra.less and then remove the sizing in the google ad code and add your class name. @Siropu I'm not sure if you already have a class that could be assigned instead of us creating our own that manages this for the ad/package?

I followed the above link, finally got my CSS dialed in and this custom class assigned to the adsense code per the above article seems to be working well. I haven't looked the sam classes but I wonder if assigned one to the google adsense would work to force it to use it?

// custom ad sizing control for mobile
.custhorizontal { width: 970px; height: 90px; margin:0 auto; }
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium)
{ .custhorizontal {max-width: 100% !important; max-height: 90px; margin:0 auto; } }

Here is my custom HTML for the placeholder in the banner ad.

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-xxxxxxx"
crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<!-- Horizontal 970x90 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle custhorizontal"
style="display:inline-block;"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxx"
data-ad-slot="xxxxxxx"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

My ad system is set to approve without admin approval but I've still got to check it via the admin panel for it to go live, anyway around this? Secondly, the Receive email notification seems to not work.

I'm noticing more and more Amazon short links being shared on my forums. Is there a way to convert these short links into regular links or add my affiliate code to them?

After i did this, it prompted me to add this code below
You renamed the position I mentioned to something else. Go to Positions and use the reset feature in the menu in the right side corner, to redo the issue.

After that go to your ad/package and simply select that position for use. Then, go to the "Position criteria" tab of that ad/package and add X1 in the "Item ID" input.

You renamed the position I mentioned to something else. Go to Positions and use the reset feature in the menu in the right side corner, to redo the issue.

After that go to your ad/package and simply select that position for use. Then, go to the "Position criteria" tab of that ad/package and add X1 in the "Item ID" input.
Thanks, it worked now.

Top Bottom