Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
I specified in the first release that I doesn't have upgrade support yet.
You would have to disable it or uninstall it if you want to start fresh.

I bought it yesterday, trying to figure it out. (I'm new to this add-on.) It's obvious that you have put a lot of time & thought into this product.

I have several questions.
1) Is there a place that has a tutorial or anything to help the newbs (like me)?
2) Where do I go to adjust the "advertise here for $XX per Month"? I just want it to say "Advertise here" and link to the appropriate add ad page.
3) Where do I adjust permissions to .../ads-manager/packages/1/create-ad? This is where my "advertise here for $XX.XX per Month" brought me to. I don't have permissions to view.
4) When I try to create an ad and select a banner from my computer, it simply does not work. I get an image error. Do I need to setup a folder or set permissions?
5) Alert has Ad spelled incorrectly. The alert says ".... has submitted a new add"
6) I am not getting an alert if a user resubmits an ad. What I mean... I reject an ad due to a reason. They fix the reason and click save. The ad is now in Pending status, but no alert is received like the alert that a new ad has been submitted.
7) Is there a way to bypass the pay invoice when a user does not owe anything? If I have a 100% discount promo... When the ad gets approved, the person still has to pay the invoice before it goes live. (Or at least try to pay). I would like it if the ad goes live immediately upon approval since nothing is owed.

I am still playing around and learning, so please bear with me if my questions are simple.

@CJ6

1. No. I will add some FAQs.
2. It is a phrase: siropu_ads_manager_your_ad_here_description
3. Have you set any options in Ads Manager [Advertisers] admin options? Some important options required for selling ads are found there.
4. What error do you get? If you get a folder permission error, you would have to set the permissions.
5, 6, 7. Will be fixed.

Reactions: CJ6
Starting to test this add-on.

Think I found a bug, the "open in new tab" option doesn't seem to work.

And got a question too, is it possible to auto center (banner) ads? Got a test banner at the "after first post" position and I would like to center that banner, right now it is left aligned.

But thanks for this add-on @Siropu , love all the criteria!

Think I found a bug, the "open in new tab" option doesn't seem to work.
This will be fixed in Beta 3.

And got a question too, is it possible to auto center (banner) ads?
It is possible by using a package but that seems to be a bug with that as well. :)
Will be fixed in Beta 3 and I think I will add the align setting in ads as well. We'll see how it goes.

Here's another one for you. When an alert is sent after their ad gets approved, the total amount says 0.00 in the alert, when the invoice total may be $40. "You have a new invoice # of 0.00 for your ad."

Has anyone figured out how to get banners to show between some of the widget boxes on the sidebar? I'd love to show a banner in position 2, 5, etc. But I'm having trouble figuring it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By default it has two positions for the forum sidebar but you can achieve that with widgets. Go to positions section in Ads Manager and create a new position. On the position creation page you will find some instructions on how to add new positions. Create a html widget with advanced mode on and paste the code for that position there.

Reactions: CJ6
By default it has two positions for the forum sidebar but you can achieve that with widgets. Go to positions section in Ads Manager and create a new position. On the position creation page you will find some instructions on how to add new positions. Create a html widget with advanced mode on and paste the code for that position there.
Thanks! Got it now.

@Siropu Getting Server error log from Enable/disable add-on. Also having conflict here.

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Method canViewAdsSiropuAdsManager is not callable on the given object (Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:932

Generated by: Unknown account Feb 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canViewA...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 932, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(932): trigger_error('Method canViewA...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s30/public/siropu_ads_manager_ad_macros.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewAdsSirop...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(659): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(Yugensoft\TimeSpentOnline\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s30/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1755): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('siropu_ads_mana...', 'ad_unit', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1246): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(Yugensoft\TimeSpentOnline\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(449): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(1724): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t\n...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t\n...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(1889): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "/threads/zarine-khan-in2018/page-4"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@CJ6

1. No. I will add some FAQs.
2. It is a phrase: siropu_ads_manager_your_ad_here_description
3. Have you set any options in Ads Manager [Advertisers] admin options? Some important options required for selling ads are found there.
4. What error do you get? If you get a folder permission error, you would have to set the permissions.
5, 6, 7. Will be fixed.

(See update at bottom)
Regarding #4, what permissions need to be set? I just tested it out again (uploading from computer) and the image(s) still isn't working. Looking inside the folder, the banners are there.
Here is what I see when trying to approve the banner:
20180215_045840.webp

UPDATE: I think I may see the problem. My files are not going into the website.com/forum/data/siropu/am/user/folder. They are going in the website.com/data/siropu/am/user/ folder.

I don't think I can fix that.

Last edited:
Siropu updated Ads Manager 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added option to inline style individual ads.
Added option to align individual ads.
Added option to inline style ad units.
Added option to open internal keyword links in overlay.
Added special positions used in keyword ads statistics for threads, conversations and profile posts.

Bugs fixed:

Open link in new tab.
Package unit alignment.
Not activating ad when using 100% discount promo code.
Various code issues that could cause errors.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom