Implemented Admin Resend Email Activation

Brent W

It would be nice to have the option to resend a members activation link to them instead of having to send the user a link for them to click in order to get another email to click another link.

Bump... not being able to go to a users profile and click "Resend Account Activation Email" is horrible.

If a person does not get an email confirmation link because of spam issues or email server issues, the chances of them coming back to the site and seeing the notice to resend is not going to be great.

We recently had issues with confirmation emails not being sent out and now feel we have lost those members without some decent work to send out an email to them with the link in it.

Would be much easier to just resend them the actual activation email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 61
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Came here to find exactly this. Surprised there isn't a button somewhere, "Resend email confirmation", or similar.

This would be very helpful. We have sent a follow up email to those who have not confirmed their registrations, but that is a manual effort. I like the idea of clicking a button, to resend the confirmation email.

Could this be created as a cron job in the interim? I'm not familiar enough with them to figure it out, but maybe someone else can. :cautious:

It could be done as an add-on until XF decides to add the feature natively. I agree this would be a very helpful addition. We use it every now and then on our vb site we're preparing to covert.

A visitor just registered with an obvious typo in the domain part of his e-mail. I received 2 bounced e-mails, corrected domain of his e-mail, and there is no way to resend him a confirmation e-mail from admin CP. Imo, XF should have this feature natively.

Last edited:
A visitor just registered with an obvious typo in the domain part of his e-mail. I received 2 bounced e-mails, corrected domain of his e-mail, and there is no way to resend him a confirmation e-mail from admin CP. Imo, XF should have this feature natively.

If you want to support any suggestion at XF please like the first post. (y)

Definitely needed. I'm an admin on a rather large board and we're in the beginning stages of doing a conversion to XF. This is a feature that currently gets used a lot and will be sorely needed once the conversion is in place.

I'm surprised this isn't just part of the default software - I can't see a good reason to remove this - given it's in most other platforms.

Thanks, hadn't realised that was the necessary way of showing support - done it now :)

It doesn't guarantee that a feature will be considered or added but the XF team have said that first post likes is a factor so it's a worthwhile click. :D

They can then view suggestion threads by "First message likes" to get an idea of popularity (there's a subtle Thread Display Options which you may not have noticed at the bottom of the forum view):

upload_2014-11-17_16-20-46.webp

It doesn't guarantee that a feature will be considered or added but the XF team have said that first post likes is a factor so it's a worthwhile click. :D

They can then view suggestion threads by "First message likes" to get an idea of popularity (there's a subtle Thread Display Options which you may not have noticed at the bottom of the forum view):

View attachment 89505

Being how this was discusses about 2 months ago, I figured it was better to just post here......if not please let me know and I'll start a new thread.

Anyways, is there still no option for this in 1.4.7?

That's one thing that I liked about vBulletin.....the ability to mass send an email validation link. I'm hopeful that the crew is working on it as being how in my opinion, these guys are geniuses, and don't know if it was just an oversight or what, but would love to know of a time frame in which this'll be available as I'm assuming everyone who uses xenForo would like to have it.......not just that of only the 51 likes that this post has received in 2.25 years.
;)

IF it in fact is not being worked on behind the scenes already (which hopefully one of the developers could comment on), would it be advisable to start a 'New Thread' to be able to accumulate a sufficient amount of likes as I truly think we can get more than 51 likes in a few hours!:D

Feedback from anyone would be great!

Thank you,

ekim

IF it in fact is not being worked on behind the scenes already (which hopefully one of the developers could comment on), would it be advisable to start a 'New Thread' to be able to accumulate a sufficient amount of likes as I truly think we can get more than 51 likes in a few hours!:D
You won't be told if it's being worked on. The dev team are working on XenForo 2.0 and we'll have to wait a while yet until there's any announcements about that. It's highly unlikely that XenForo 1.x.x will get any new features, only maintenance releases.

As for starting a new thread, don't. This is the suggestion thread for this, any others will simply be marked as duplicates and moved to Closed Suggestions.

You won't be told if it's being worked on. The dev team are working on XenForo 2.0 and we'll have to wait a while yet until there's any announcements about that. It's highly unlikely that XenForo 1.x.x will get any new features, only maintenance releases.

As for starting a new thread, don't. This is the suggestion thread for this, any others will simply be marked as duplicates and moved to Closed Suggestions.

Thank you for the reply! Is there any 'approximate' word as to when 2.o be released.......I mean, is there talk of it being this year? Just curious, that's all, and I won't start a new thread. Thank you for your reply!(y)

ekim

Top Bottom