Implemented Admin Resend Email Activation

Brent W

It would be nice to have the option to resend a members activation link to them instead of having to send the user a link for them to click in order to get another email to click another link.

Bump... not being able to go to a users profile and click "Resend Account Activation Email" is horrible.

If a person does not get an email confirmation link because of spam issues or email server issues, the chances of them coming back to the site and seeing the notice to resend is not going to be great.

We recently had issues with confirmation emails not being sent out and now feel we have lost those members without some decent work to send out an email to them with the link in it.

Would be much easier to just resend them the actual activation email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 61
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Best add-on I can find for this is: https://*******.com/resources/resend-activation-mail.146/ and it's by *******.

I'm gonna code it myself if no other existing solutions exist.

Well that made my add-on useless, but I'm glad it's in the core.

Not useless. Your add-on will remain compatible with XF1.4 and likely below of which there will definitely still be some users sticking with those versions for a little while :)

Not only this but you can for sure implement some functionalities that the core version won't carry, like "Bulk Activation sending", "Custom Activation texts" ( like, hey.. did you forget to activate your acoont ?)

Top Bottom