[AddonsLab] Unread Post Count

[AddonsLab] Unread Post Count 1.6.0

No permission to download
Unfortunately, taking into account the ignored content is not supported yet. We will add this to our task list and implement as soon as possible.
That will be great đź‘Ť So I hope it will also be compatible with this following addon.

That will be great đź‘Ť So I hope it will also be compatible with this following addon.

For our free add-ons, we implement support only for built-in XenForo features or some other free add-ons, but usually not other paid add-ons, simply because we don't have a direct income from developing these add-ons. Feel free to contact us for a custom development service or ask the developer of the add-on in question if they are willing to add the support for our add-on.

Thank you!

For our free add-ons, we implement support only for built-in XenForo features or some other free add-ons, but usually not other paid add-ons, simply because we don't have a direct income from developing these add-ons. Feel free to contact us for a custom development service or ask the developer of the add-on in question if they are willing to add the support for our add-on.

Thank you!
Thanks for quick and detail info.

I have already got contact with "[tl] Ignore Content" addon's developer and here is his reply.

I hope with your next release related with ignored content will also work with this addon. If not then I may get contact with you for custom development services.

Thanks for quick and detail info.

I have already got contact with "[tl] Ignore Content" addon's developer and here is his reply.

I hope with your next release related with ignored content will also work with this addon. If not then I may get contact with you for custom development services.

Sure, we will still review the performance implications of considering ignored content, and once the feature is implemented it will be clear which add-on should be modified to include the support for additional ignored content. We are really overloaded with tasks, for now, unfortunately, so no ETA on when we will manage to handle this.

Thank you!

Thanks for quick and helpful info! I want to customize badge to different shape and color, where i should do that?
Seems that my current forum style makes it look like red dot. (when i want it to be blue square)

Thanks for quick and helpful info! I want to customize badge to different shape and color, where i should do that?
Seems that my current forum style makes it look like red dot. (when i want it to be blue square)

The shape and look come from XenForo implementation of "badgeContainer" and related CSS classes. The positioning is tweaked a bit using the CSS template "alnb_navigation.less" which you can customize or use your own CSS templates where you write custom CSS rules (usually extra.less) and override the rules. Some tweaks can be done using "Badge style" option for each badge as well, like increasing font size etc. In both cases you need to use CSS rules to customize the look, so if you don't feel comfortable using CSS feel free to contact a theme developer for assistance.

Thank you!

I know this has likely been asked. But I'm still a bit confused. Is this or is this not compatible to show unread resources?
If yes - can someone please share the exact call back code and really just a how-to on getting the unread resources count to show like unread posts. If possible.

I'll definitely appreciate suggestions fellas.
Thanks!

J.

46BE9F02-2995-4030-AD76-B982666DC748.webp
So I have unread posts but I don’t get a notification on the New Post tab below the breadcrumb. How could I make it show there?

Hello everyone,

@VG_AzR , @JacquiiDesigns Sorry for the late reply, we missed the posts somehow. Resources are stored completely differently in the database and another product is needed for them. Unfortunately, we don't have the time now to develop such a add-on.

@NYCFC , it should show the unread count on the tab as well, here is the screenshot from our demo board:

1564307729483.webp

If you don't see it check Admin -> Setup -> Public navigation page, edit the tab you want to show the unread count and make sure it has the badge configuration as shown:

1564307809918.webp

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

@VG_AzR , @JacquiiDesigns Sorry for the late reply, we missed the posts somehow. Resources are stored completely differently in the database and another product is needed for them. Unfortunately, we don't have the time now to develop such a add-on.

@NYCFC , it should show the unread count on the tab as well, here is the screenshot from our demo board:

View attachment 207350

If you don't see it check Admin -> Setup -> Public navigation page, edit the tab you want to show the unread count and make sure it has the badge configuration as shown:

View attachment 207351

Thank you!

It shows there but not the one in my screenshot that’s right below the Ad. Is this a template modification that I can’t add it to?

Do you have anything like this for Gallery? A new media count in the tab?

No, the add-on is for unread posts only. Our add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/addonslab-navigation-badge.5839/ allows adding a badge on any navigation item, you just need a callback class/method that returns the number of items.

It shows there but not the one in my screenshot that’s right below the Ad. Is this a template modification that I can’t add it to?

Sorry, I missed your reply again. This is not a template edit, but added to the navigation using our Navigation Badge add-on. The method \AL\UnreadPostCount\Callback::getUnreadPostCount('') returns the number of unread posts as a phrase (the serivce \AL\UnreadPostCount\Service\CounterService can be used to get the raw number). You need a minor modification to pass this counter as a parameter to any template where you want to show the counter.

Thank you!

Top Bottom