[AddonsLab] Unread Post Count

[AddonsLab] Unread Post Count 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hey.
I received an error when installing.
The following errors should be pitched before proceeding:

• [AddonsLab] Unread Post Count requires [AddonsLab] Navigation Badge 1.0.0+.

How would the new post count be shown in mobile view, beside the FA icon in the user bar?
Anyone with a suggestion please.

How would the new post count be shown in mobile view, beside the FA icon in the user bar?
Anyone with a suggestion please.

In mobile view the number is shown as in the screenshot:

Screenshot at Jan 29 20-26-35.webp

I am not completely sure where else you would like to show the count. If it is any of Public Navigation entries, then just edit the entry, find the field "Badge Type" and set it to Callback, and you will get fields to put the class and the method of the callback. Use values "AL\UnreadPostCount\Callback" and "getUnreadPostCount" (as shown in the screenshot).

Screenshot at Jan 29 20-30-09.webp

If you need to add the counter in any other location, it will most likely require a custom add-on to allow that. Feel free to contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and we will provide the terms to handle the project.

Thank you!

Sorry, maybe i didnt make that clear enough.
So that users can see the count without clicking mobile menu icon.
Example attached. Thanks.
mobileview.gif

Sorry, maybe i didnt make that clear enough.
So that users can see the count without clicking mobile menu icon.
Example attached. Thanks.
View attachment 167718

I see. This would require some add-on to implement. The method to get the actual count is:

PHP:
$unreadCount=\AL\UnreadPostCount\Callback::getUnreadPostCount('');

and the variable can be used in any way you want. Feel free to contact us if need our assistance with it.

Thank you!

Hi AddonsLab. Thanks for your work.

Do you know the cause/solution for this?
1517580152819.webp

I have the following nav setup
1517580188413.webp

Hello, @Hizen

It seems you have uploaded the content of the latest package, but did not upgrade the add-on. You should see Upgrade button in the list of Add-ons next to the add-on. If you don't see it, just click the arrow to open the drop-down and choose Rebuild to import product data. This will create the missing phrase.

Thank you!

This add-on actually doesn't appear in my add-on list. I've definitely uploaded it though and I have Navigation Badge 1.0.0.

AL-UnreadPostCount-1.2.0 - Full

This add-on actually doesn't appear in my add-on list. I've definitely uploaded it though and I have Navigation Badge 1.0.0.

AL-UnreadPostCount-1.2.0 - Full

The add-on definitely works on our installation and for our customers, as we never got a report that they can't see it in the list of add-ons to install. Here is a screenshot from my local board:

Screenshot at Feb 03 09-14-49.webp

The only technical reason I see could be the add-on files not being uploaded to the proper directory. Make sure, "src" directory you get after extracting the archive is properly merged into XenForo "src" directory, and as a result you have a folder with files on your server under path /src/addons/AL/UnreadPostCount

Thank you!

For some reason, even though I'd never installed it, it was under legacy add-ons. Maybe there was an old version from 1.5. I uninstalled it, then was able to install and get it working.

Thanks for your help.

I see. This would require some add-on to implement. The method to get the actual count is:

PHP:
$unreadCount=\AL\UnreadPostCount\Callback::getUnreadPostCount('');

and the variable can be used in any way you want. Feel free to contact us if need our assistance with it.

Thank you!
Tried many ways to get this to work, but with no luck.
Will this feature be added in the near future. I think it is a must for mobile viewing.
Thanks for considering.

Top Bottom