[AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node

[AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node 2.7.0

No permission to download
hi, before i buy this addon, would like to know one thing because i'm not sure after i readed all posts in this thread.

let say i do have about 300 node_id's:

i do want that all usergroups are able to post only 1 thread within 24 hours into node_id 214.
also, only this node_id 214 have to be limited for all usergroups. all other node_id's should work without any limits/restrictions for any usergroup.

is that possible? if yes, please explain how. before i buy it.
thank you in advance and have a nice day.

[EDIT]
LOL.. i'm crazy... it's free.. sorry :)

Last edited:
@AddonsLab you know for sure, where i'm doing the mistake.. here are some pics.

Addon settings:
Settings.png

Usergroup settings so the thread/post are unlimited in all node_id's:
usergroups.png

node_id 214 permissions for all usergroups have been set like below, need only threads limit:
node_214_permission.png

Thank you in advance and wish you a nice day.
Cheers, Nicky

Hello, @Nicky !

Please try to change the settings for the usergroup from "unlimited" to "0". As I remember, Unlimited takes precedence over any other setting on forum level, as the "higher" number is taken in any conflicting solution, and "unlimited" is higher than the numbers you have configured for the forum. Setting them to 0 by default will not apply any limitations to the usergroup for all other forums.

Thank you!

There are no known issues with the add-on.

Just let us know if you find any and we will fix them asap.

Thank you!
Hello!

I am having a problem with the node-based check ID list option. Previoulsy in XF2.1 I had a category with several child forums and it worked great. But now with XF2.2 I changed that category to a Search Forum node and the Node-Based Check ID option doesn't seem to work with that kind of nodes.

The only thing that I did was to move the child nodes from the old category to the new search forum node. The permissions remained the same but I'm still getting an error when I try to create a thread within one of the limited nodes.

Hello!

I am having a problem with the node-based check ID list option. Previoulsy in XF2.1 I had a category with several child forums and it worked great. But now with XF2.2 I changed that category to a Search Forum node and the Node-Based Check ID option doesn't seem to work with that kind of nodes.

The only thing that I did was to move the child nodes from the old category to the new search forum node. The permissions remained the same but I'm still getting an error when I try to create a thread within one of the limited nodes.

Thank you for the report.

The new version with the fix is released now.

Thank you!

Hello, thank you for your job.
I noticed one unpleasant moment.
When I post reply, page reloading. It's okey for specific node where I need to use this restrictions, but this happens in all forums.

As I understand, that happens here:

Code:
            if ($thread->getRemainingItemCount() < 2)
            {
                /** @var ArrayCollection $posts */
                $posts = $reply->getParam('posts');
                $post = $posts->first();
                $confirmation = \XF::phrase('your_message_has_been_posted');
                return $this->redirect($this->buildLink('posts', $post), $confirmation);
            }

Can I edit to something like this to fix it?
Code:
            if (!empty($thread->getRemainingItemCount()) AND $thread->getRemainingItemCount() < 2)
            {
                /** @var ArrayCollection $posts */
                $posts = $reply->getParam('posts');
                $post = $posts->first();
                $confirmation = \XF::phrase('your_message_has_been_posted');
                return $this->redirect($this->buildLink('posts', $post), $confirmation);
            }

Or there is a way to prevent redirect via options?

@AddonsLab thanks for developing this addon. It is great. However, I have found a bug which I described here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-the-last-page-of-thread.192607/#post-1510414

Basically, when "Post Limit Per Node 2.6.1" is enabled, if you reply to a thread, it will always take you to your reply on the last page of the thread. This is not normal behavior of XF. It isn't supposed. What it is supposed to do is temporarily display your reply at the bottom of the page you are currently viewing so that you can continue reading and not have the thread marked as read.

Please let me know if this can be fixed and what the timeline would be for that. We have a lot of users complaining about this behavior, but I don't want to disable this addon, as it is very important for us.

AddonsLab updated [AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: submitting a post redirects to it instead of using AJAX

This version fixes a bug with post submission always causing a redirect to the latest post instead of showing the post immediately, as per XenForo default behavior.

The reason the redirect was implemented was to show users, that they have hit their limit on number of posts, and the redirect was meant to be executed only when users hit their limit. It was, however, redirect in all cases, even if users have permission to post without any limitations. With this update, we kept the redirect but...

Read the rest of this update entry...

AddonsLab updated [AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node with a new update entry:

New option: cross-category check

This version introduces a new option, that enables cross-category check for user threads and posts.

If this option enabled, only a given number of threads/posts will be allowed across all categories defined in the option "Category-based check ID list". If disabled (the default), the limitation will apply to each category separately.

Read the rest of this update entry...

We installed this on our site and seems working however only one issue is that, the Post Thread is still appearing on homepage/forumpage even it is already reached the limit, here:

(1) XenForo.webp

And when clicking on it we got this error permission:

(1) XenForo (1).webp

Is it possible this to hide this or replace it with message similar here:message.webp

I really like your addon!

I have two questions:
  1. is it possible to only restrict to one thread instead to a whole forum?
  2. is it possible to show users the remaining amount of posts they got?
Thanks a lot :)

We installed this on our site and seems working however only one issue is that, the Post Thread is still appearing on homepage/forumpage even it is already reached the limit, here:

View attachment 253648

And when clicking on it we got this error permission:

View attachment 253650

Is it possible this to hide this or replace it with message similar here:View attachment 253651

Sorry for the delay with this, we just noticed it was not replied. The Post thread button there is just for showing list of forums, it is not for a specific forum. The limitation applies per-forum, so a specific message on how long users should wait we should know in which forum they are planning to post. Maybe we can modify the product to allow the list of forums to be displayed, and only when user tries to make a post then show the message. We will let you know once this is resolved.

I really like your addon!

I have two questions:
  1. is it possible to only restrict to one thread instead to a whole forum?
  2. is it possible to show users the remaining amount of posts they got?
Thanks a lot :)

It is not possible to restrict per-thread, as there is no thread-specific permission system in XenForo.

It is possible to show the number of posts/threads left, but that would require quite extensive queries to run on each page load, so it is not implemented in the product. Now these checks are executed only when user actually tries to post, so it does not overload the board.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

In one of our sub forums, users can keep a kind of diary. I would like to set the permissions for the forum so that each user can only create a single thread. The restriction for one thread per user should only apply to this forum. Can I implement this with this addon? Thank you @AddonsLab

Top Bottom