[AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node

[AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node 2.7.0

No permission to download
Great update but could I suggest the exact same improvement be made for "thread creation"?

The identical problem exists when creating a thread using the quick thread creation dialog above forums and elsewhere in XF. Without redirection, the user doesn't see the message saying "you can't do this again for X hours, X days".

Cheers, mate :)

Sure, we will implement the improvement asap.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated [AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node with a new update entry:

Custom error message on quick thread creation

We have changed the error message for the case when the user does not have permission to create a thread. The message can be customized using the phrase "alpl_limit_hit_message_thread".

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have this setup in a very simple way, limiting a specific usergroup to two open threads in a specific node. It looks like they should be seeing a detailed notice/message of some sort when this limit is reached, explaining why they can't post additional threads, but the only indicator is the "no permission to reply" below the thread list.

Addon Options

Usergroup Node Permissions

Hello, @Joe Link !

I could not reproduce the issue with our setup. You can test it at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/post-limit-per-node.16/ Just login with account user2/userpass to create a thread, and you will not be able to create the second thread and will see the message:

If you reload the page thread prompt will disappear and a message will be shown under the list of threads:

Permission check for the user looks like:

which means the user is allowed 1 thread in 1 hour and 2 posts in 1 hour. As I see in your screenshot time limit for threads put to Unlimited, which seems to cause the problem.

Please let us know if you still see the problem.

Thank you!

Thanks for the quick reply :)

If I set the permissions like you have them I can see the message, but we're not trying to restrict threads by time limit, and we're not trying to restrict posts at all. We're simply trying to limit a specific usergroup to two open threads in a specific section at one time. If we configure it with these settings the addon works in this way, they just don't see the message telling them why they can't post. Is there a way to achieve what we're trying to do and show the message that they've reached their allowed number of open threads?

Thanks for the quick reply :)

If I set the permissions like you have them I can see the message, but we're not trying to restrict threads by time limit, and we're not trying to restrict posts at all. We're simply trying to limit a specific usergroup to two open threads in a specific section at one time. If we configure it with these settings the addon works in this way, they just don't see the message telling them why they can't post. Is there a way to achieve what we're trying to do and show the message that they've reached their allowed number of open threads?

View attachment 202542

I see, we will check the case and implement a separate message shown in the case when count limit is set but time limit is "Unlimited" and will release it soon.

Thank you!

Custom error messages for the "Unlimited" value of time limit permissions

Implemented custom error messages for the case of Unlimited value of "Time limit for unlimited threads/posts (in hours)" permission. The phrases can be customized using phase IDs alpl_can_create_x_posts_only and alpl_can_create_x_threads_only.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you...

I just installed your addon @AddonsLab but when I reply, my website lost the effect reply of xenforo, it doesn't smooth anymore, the page is reload when i reply
When I disable addon, it get back to normal, reply is smooth, page is no reload

I just installed your addon @AddonsLab but when I reply, my website lost the effect reply of xenforo, it doesn't smooth anymore, the page is reload when i reply
When I disable addon, it get back to normal, reply is smooth, page is no reload

Thank you for the report. We will check the issue and inform you asap.

Thank you!

Hello, @ShinLim ,

we have checked the issue and see that is the expected behavior of the add-on. The page doesn' t reload if the user has permission to post further replies, however, if the user hits the limit of the allowed number of posts, the page reloads and the quick reply form is replaced with a message informing the user that they need to wait to create one more reply.

To test yourself, just go to https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/testing-post-limit-per-node.170527/#post-170695 and login using the details: Username - user1 Password - userpass . The limit on the number of replies in that forum is 2 per hour. You will be able to create a reply using the quick reply form, and the page will not reload. Just wait 30 seconds and try creating the second reply. The page will reload, and you will see, that the quick reply form is replaced with the message about the limit.

Just let us know if you still think there is any problem and provide a URL and login details to check. You can do so by opening a ticket at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php

Thank you!

Is it possible to set this for days and not hours, minutes or seconds? I wish to enable this for a certain amount of days like 30 days. I tried to input 720 hours which is 30 days but it would only limit for about 5 days. Is there a way to make this allow for days instead?

Is it possible to set this for days and not hours, minutes or seconds? I wish to enable this for a certain amount of days like 30 days. I tried to input 720 hours which is 30 days but it would only limit for about 5 days. Is there a way to make this allow for days instead?

The limit is set in hours, but I don't see any reason why it would not work for more than 5 hours. Please confirm if you can verify the limit of 5 hours and we will check the issue in details and inform you here.

Thank you!

The limit is set in hours, but I don't see any reason why it would not work for more than 5 hours. Please confirm if you can verify the limit of 5 hours and we will check the issue in details and inform you here.

Thank you!

It only will last for about 5 days. When I set it for 720 hours and then checked it, it said there were 4 days .....and so on until the next time to post.

Yes, the permissions are forum based, which means they can be set not only for the entire usergroup, but also for a usergroup in particular forum. For that you need set them up in Node Permission section. Please note, that any numberic permission in XenForo follows the approach of considering the highest number when the same permission is set in different places. For example, if you set the number of threads on global usergroup level to be 10, and for particular forum you set it to 2, the value of 10 will be used instead of 2 when a user posts in that forum.
Your first comment was exact my problem right now, for example: I set usergroup A level is 5, and particular forum I set is 2, is there any way to apply that ? 5 for global except 2 for particular forum, is it possible ?

Category-based check and permission check improvements

This release implements the following enhancements:
  1. New option - Category based check. Works the same as Node-based check, but checks for the category ID of a thread. This way you can put a category-wide limit, e.g. 10 posts across all forums of a category.
  2. Improved check for existing post count. Previously, all post from the user would be counted, even if they made multiple posts being the author of a thread or already having posted in a thread. From now on, these posts will...

Seems like there is a problem. When replying to thread, page is reloading. What's wrong? What problems can be expected with this condition?

I want users of one group to have a global limit of 300 posts and no timelimit on that.
And I have tested this but the user with this group can continue to post over the limit.

1596105285972.png

I have tried Time limit for posts both as above and as "Unlimited" no change.

HAve I forgotten some other setting?

Top Bottom