[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations

[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations 1.8.2

No permission to download
No, this isn’t feasible. And it ought not to be necessary. Let me explain the problem more clearly:

View attachment 180827

This member was at “Laureate” level, and has now upgraded to “Ambassador”. She followed the instructions, i.e. first cancelled the “Laureate” subscription, then purchased an “Ambassador” level.

But both levels are still showing on her profile.

And she naturally thinks that she is now being charged twice!

You can remove one of the levels through Admin CP -> Users -> Search For Users -> Edit User -> "Extra" Tab -> "Downgrade" Link

This is default XF2 behavior, our add-on doesn't change anything when it comes to "downgrading" user upgrades / canceling PayPal recurring subscriptions

Are you saying that for *every* membership upgrade we sell, the old user level has to be manually removed? Surely this isn't true...?

I would have thought it's just a case whereby once the subscription is cancelled, they are automatically removed from any groups that subscription added them to?

I would have thought it's just a case whereby once the subscription is cancelled, they are automatically removed from any groups that subscription added them to?

That’s what I expected would happen, yes. But it isn’t happening.

It’s possible that, after payment is declined for the old upgrade, the old membership group will eventually be removed - I don’t know.

But this isn’t good enough. It could take weeks for the billing cycle to complete. During which time, members will be in both the old and the new user group.

We’re feeling our way with this addon. So far, so good. We’re now at the point where we’re starting to upsell members from one level to another. It will be deeply disappointing if fully half of this process has to be done manually!

Are you saying that for *every* membership upgrade we sell, the old user level has to be manually removed? Surely this isn't true...?

Upgrades will automatically be removed when they expire or you manually remove them

Once the subscription expires, the user upgrade is automatically removed

That’s what I expected would happen, yes. But it isn’t happening.

It’s possible that, after payment is declined for the old upgrade, the old membership group will eventually be removed - I don’t know.

But this isn’t good enough. It could take weeks for the billing cycle to complete. During which time, members will be in both the old and the new user group.

We’re feeling our way with this addon. So far, so good. We’re now at the point where we’re starting to upsell members from one level to another. It will be deeply disappointing if fully half of this process has to be done manually!

Upselling / “upgrading” from one upgrade to another while canceling the other has never been a native XF feature or a feature in this add-on. Upgrades are removed when they expire or are manually removed. This can be something we can look into adding in the future but it was never stated as being a current feature of this add-on

Upselling / “upgrading” from one upgrade to another while canceling the other has never been a native XF feature or a feature in this add-on. Upgrades are removed when they expire or are manually removed. This can be something we can look into adding in the future but it was never stated as being a current feature of this add-on

Yes, I totally understand that :)

What I’m doing here is giving you our experience with this addon as we grow with it. I really like it. It’s been very good for us.

We’re now at the stage where we need to upsell members, i.e. they’ve got used to the idea of their first paid upgrade. Now, we need to persuade them to upgrade further.

At this point, we’ve discovered a negative.

And I’m sharing it with you.

I do hope this will be looked at in the next revision…?

@AddonFlare What going on New Features update?

It’s in progress, there’s been a lot of custom development projects

Yes, I totally understand that :)

What I’m doing here is giving you our experience with this addon as we grow with it. I really like it. It’s been very good for us.

We’re now at the stage where we need to upsell members, i.e. they’ve got used to the idea of their first paid upgrade. Now, we need to persuade them to upgrade further.

At this point, we’ve discovered a negative.

And I’m sharing it with you.

I do hope this will be looked at in the next revision…?

Gotcha! Thanks for the suggestion :)

In regards to Stripe Full: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/stripe-all-payment-methods.6391/
@Hollywoodhigh mentioned in another thread that he wants to use Stripe Full with your Paid Registration addon:
Very cool.. this is what we were looking for!

This one is a def. yes.. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/stripe-all-payment-methods.6391/

Is there a way we can add description text below "Choose Account Type"? A little blurb about supporting the site would help with donations.

Aye.

Lite vs. Full Version

Supported Payment Providers
Free: Only PayPal
Full : PayPal, Stripe + more (as requested)

Top Bottom