Add VigLink Code [Deleted]

I followed all the steps and the viglink site says it's not working, which it always does. But when I do the amazon.com test it's actually not working. Any ideas?
Viglink doesn't use amazon or ebay links for certain types of sites like coupon sites. You might contact them and see if your site is not eligible through viglink for some reason.

If you are using link insertion, you can surround the specific code with:

HTML:
<div class="nolinks">
....anything here...
</div>

If you did that to surround the code for your title text, it would work out fine.

I use this with a XF conditional so that logged-in members do not see link insertion, yet visitors do.

HTML:
<div class="nolinks">
....anything here...
</div>

If you did that to surround the code for your title text, it would work out fine.

I use this with a XF conditional so that logged-in members do not see link insertion, yet visitors do.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

HTML:
<div class="nolinks">
....anything here...
</div>

Can you give me an example of this? I would like to only display auto insert links to guests and registered but not secondary usergroups (everybody on my forum is in "Registered" as Primary which was what I thought was 'the XF way' of doing things.

Thanks

Does this still work with 1.3's new link tracking feature?

There's nothing, to my knowledge, that wouldn't work with 1.3.

It seems straightforward enough, but I've inserted my key into the add-on options and the code isn't being detected by VigLink. And I don't see it adding any links to terms that should be linked. I did get 1 click yesterday, but I'm assuming that must be from the mandatory Disclosure/Affiliate button I've placed manually in the sidebar.

I just don't think it's working and I don't know why it wouldn't be.

Yeah, something is up, I am getting profit, but I am not seeing accurate click #'s.
I am going to replace this and just use their code and put it in my footer.

Update, I tested with their code too and the viglink thing still says its not detected, so this addon is working properly, but the viglink might need to do something to fix this.
I will open up a support ticket with them and link this thread...I want to make sure everything gets reported properly.

If it doesn't work with the add on or their manual code, this thread isn't exactly going to be very useful.

The only thing I can think of is the Link Proxy in XF. Try turning that off to see if it makes a difference.

VigLink has said in the past that their code checker sometimes does not work properly. I wouldn't sweat it. If you are unsure, get in touch with your account rep and they'll check to make certain you're monetizing.

For what it's worth, I add my code right into the template. No add-on needed.

VigLink has said in the past that their code checker sometimes does not work properly. I wouldn't sweat it. If you are unsure, get in touch with your account rep and they'll check to make certain you're monetizing.

For what it's worth, I add my code right into the template. No add-on needed.

Addon seems good for making it shown to some usergroups, and not to others. Probably can do it though with the xF conditional statements, but, if your lazy like me it works better to have an addon.

Thank you for this app.

I see the inserted add on code shows in pages as this:

<script type="text/javascript">
var vglnk = { api_url: '//api.viglink.com/api',
key: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' };
(function(d, t) {
var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true;
s.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? vglnk.api_url :
'//cdn.viglink.com/api') + '/vglnk.js';
var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r);
}(document, 'script'));
</script>

I see the code provided by Viglink is this:

<script type="text/javascript">
var vglnk = { key: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' };

(function(d, t) {
var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true;
s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js';
var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r);
}(document, 'script'));
</script>

Are the differences intentional and adding something, or have they updated or changed their code or something?

Steve

Top Bottom