Add VigLink Code [Deleted]

They may be trying to adapt so that the monetization does not get blocked by ad blockers. You can actually have them set up a subdomain and possibly change the URL in the code given, yet the name of the script (vglnk.js) can also be blocked.

Personally, I don't use an add-on to insert the code--I have an alternate method (can't give details, sorry) that I worked out with them, and it requires custom coding I insert via a template edit.

They may be trying to adapt so that the monetization does not get blocked by ad blockers. You can actually have them set up a subdomain and possibly change the URL in the code given, yet the name of the script (vglnk.js) can also be blocked.

Personally, I don't use an add-on to insert the code--I have an alternate method (can't give details, sorry) that I worked out with them, and it requires custom coding I insert via a template edit.
Have you made more that 2.00 yet? I was sending them over 600 clicks a day and made about $1. Removed, not worth even a second of trouble.

Waaaaaay more than $1. My very first day, back when I installed the code out of curiosity, netted $15 (for only about 12 hours). In fact, I took the code off the sites after a partial day, and then got an email from their CEO (!) telling me how much I'd earned, and asking why I'd taken it down. Was a bit shocked to see how well it was paying once I reenabled it, far better than my simple Amazon affiliate accounts (where $35 per month was optimistic).

It has grown from there.

Thing is, you need traffic to support it, and some well established, highly product-oriented sites that have a lot of shopping links posted. Installing it briefly and uninstalling gives nobody enough time to analyze the site's performance--it takes months and a lot of work to make it worthwhile, and finding ways to monetize that are highly effective.
Had installed for 1 year, Also My forum is not small.

my little forum with a limited advertising niche net a bonus of $50.00ish a month until eBay announced a modified affiliate scheme sometime last year. Have only received one deposit since then and it was pretty insignificant.

my little forum with a limited advertising niche net a bonus of $50.00ish a month until eBay announced a modified affiliate scheme sometime last year. Have only received one deposit since then and it was pretty insignificant.
Update: I made $50 dollars in two days with Viglink now. Here is how i did it, they now have a feature you can use a link anywhere i guess you could always do that with your affiliate link. Anyway i put up a banner to Amazon and boom, that worked. Give that a try, either banner to Amazon or eBay.

Also putting the code in the footer seems to be doing better also.

Update: I made $50 dollars in two days with Viglink now. Here is how i did it, they now have a feature you can use a link anywhere i guess you could always do that with your affiliate link. Anyway i put up a banner to Amazon and boom, that worked. Give that a try, either banner to Amazon or eBay.

Also putting the code in the footer seems to be doing better also.

Where in the footer do you insert the code?

By the way, you can also place a banner to any affiliate with the vig link anywhere links. The banners make a huge difference. I am using a leader board to Amazon.

Is there any way to restrict the use of VigLink insert by usergroup? Say having only visitors see Insert links, but all existing links being monetized regardless of usergroup? Seems like something that should be done, since they are different products.

Does this work with XF 1.4.7?

I have it installed and enabled using my API code and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. If it isn't supported any longer would you mind telling me exactly where to put the javascript from Viglink?

Thanks

Does this work with XF 1.4.7?

I have it installed and enabled using my API code and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. If it isn't supported any longer would you mind telling me exactly where to put the javascript from Viglink?

Thanks

Don't use the "verify" feature on VigLink's site--on a couple of my sites, it says it isn't working, yet I see it's tracking clicks. If in doubt still, contact your account rep. Also, before making the the following change, do a "view source" to see if the code from this add-on is being inserted. And of course, verify your ID code is correct.

To manually insert code:

Open template PAGE_CONTAINER, insert code before closing </body> tag. Use it on your default template so all child styles pick it up. Verify via "view source" that code is being inserted.

Thanks, it was the lack of links being applied for product names for vendor whose products I know that they represent. After digging around I saw that the click counts didn't register anything so I hit a couple of actual links and still nothing. Did it over 2 days to make sure it wasn't a nightly report update issue too.

I'll take a look at the FAQ, appreciate the link hadn't looked there for info on how to muck about in the templates and I don't dev css so I wasn't really comfortable modifying them without some guidance.

Sorry meant to come back to this. I can see pageviews being counted in the Viglink dashboard, just still do not see it creating contextual links or affiliating links that exist on the site. It's on their side of the fence now though and I'm actually just going to let it sit active for a couple of days and then check it again just in case it's simply an issue of them creating all the backend affiliations for my site.

Top Bottom