Add VigLink Code [Deleted]

I don't really know anything about viglink insert and convert.

This add on let's you choose which user groups it displays to. Maybe it already does what you need.

If not just get the code you need, put it in a template wrapped inside template conditionals to hide it from wherever group. It's not difficult to do that.

Viglink convert turns links posted by members into affiliate links

Viglink insert takes words in text posted and turns them into links.

The second isn't transparent. Which is why I want to turn it off for members.

Yes, that tabnabbing code needs to be there to disable the feature that causes the conflict. I found on my sites that the native links were still working, but the inserted links were not. Once I entered that in the config file, it went back to working normally.

I rarely, if ever, have had their site checker work for my Xenforo forums. But if you contact your account rep, they have another way to verify that your links are being modified.

I have the add-on activated with my code, is there anything else I have to do? I'm not sure I understand what tab nabbing code is..

Hi everyone, I head up the product team over at VigLink. Just wanted to drop in and let people know that the code in this plugin is slightly out of date. The proper VigLink code for your site should look like the following:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
  var vglnk = { key: 'YOUR CODE GOES HERE' };

(function(d, t) {
    var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true;
    s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js';
    var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r);
  }(document, 'script'));
</script>

I'm starting work on an officially supported plugin, so keep an eye out for that.

Top Bottom