1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Add-ons depreciated or partly depreciated by XF 1.5

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Rob, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I thought it would be useful to maintain a thread that lists all the addons that are made obsolete by Xenforo 1.5. I'll try and include add-ons that are partially impacted as well.

If you can help me out by posting any affected addons here, along with links, then I'll maintain the list in the post #2 below this one.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    rafass, jeffwidman, vij and 10 others like this.
  2. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Entirely Depreciated (functional parity with the core)
    Partially Depreciated (Some functionality now in the core)

Please let me know other mods that should be included and if there are any errors in the above :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
    rafass, IPF, adwade and 14 others like this.
  3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are others, but I've started at least :)
  4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

BD Alerts of xfrocks.
    Mass Alert of Luke.
    Rob likes this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I hate to be that guy, but it's deprecated :whistle:
    Xanin, Jeremy, Lisa and 5 others like this.
  6. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got many of these installed so I wanted this list for myself anyway as I'll wait for the final release and then [very?] closely followed by a UI.X update. I can't see any of yours on here brogan? :whistle:

ragtek appears to be the most depreciated developer, who knew?
  7. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

@Jon W, you almost escaped the list :)
    Jon W likes this.
  8. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

I really appreciate that you took the time to post add-ons deprecated by XF 1.5.
    Rob and 51463 like this.
  9. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

A couple of mine have been depreciated;

Rob likes this.
  10. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks!

I can no longer edit my post, so maybe @Brogan or another moderator can add them. If not, then people will have to just read the thread :)
  11. Brogan

I have updated the post.
    Rob likes this.
  12. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Unless there are any further modifications to add to this, then I think we're about done.

Just to reflect, we should congratulate all of the add-on developers whose add-ons have been either depreciated or functionally affected by 1.5. Well done all of you for having the foresight and commitment to developing these add-ons and filling the temporary functionality void. I know the entire xF community really really appreciate your efforts.

It also has to be said that this release has been a total pleasure and a surprise. Well done to the entire xF developer team, @Mike, @Kier, @Chris D for bringing us a release which feels a lot more like a major point release than a minor release, you've really raised the bar - to make so many add-ons obsolete here was completely unexpected.

I'm sure it fills the entire community with excitement and confidence in what 2.0 might bring! Keep up the great work guys!
    rafass, IPF, Veer and 9 others like this.
  13. RoldanLT

14. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

@Brogan, can you update that one line in post two with an importer link?
  15. Brogan

Rob likes this.
  16. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

We use the 'Related Threads' feature of XenTag which displays a list of threads that share the same tags at the bottom of a thread view page.

I suppose that this is not in the 1.5 core tagging feature and would require an addon?
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  17. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct however, I can no longer edit post #2 to reflect this, however, since 99% of that mod is deprecated it makes little difference.
    Now that tags are in the core, I should imagine that functionality will exist very soon as an addon. The XenTag developer has not ruled out the mod being re-released with functional integration into xF's native tag system.
    melbo likes this.
  18. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@Jon W's Last Post Avatar by Waindigo now has the majority of the addon deprecated as of XF 1.5 Beta 2. The ability to show the last avatar of a thread is now baked into core, you just need to toggle it. (There isn't a toggle yet)
    Rob likes this.
  19. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

20. RoldanLT

So the said feature is not ready yet?