Add-on Update Notifier

Add-on Update Notifier 1.1.8

No permission to download
Set in the backend to ignore the currently mismatching version id on the resource page. Will be updated in ~6h.
This will look like this until the addon dev releases a version with correctly matching version_id and version_string. If you hover over the text it will show "what is wrong"...

Basically, it does this:
  1. Check if the version_id is a "valid one" according to XF
    1. If not a valid version_id then it will not do anything more to not give false-positives as e.g. @AndyB uses a different, but "valid" (since he is consistent) format.
  2. Run the version_id through an XF Core function that outputs the matching version_string for it
  3. If the generated value does not match what is in the addon.json-file, the addon dev has manually changed it... (Insert this is why we can't have nice things meme here...)
  4. The orange part is what the addon dev has changed it to, and the grey part is the actual version_string that it should be...
If the addon shows that something new is available, or doesn't show that something new is available for an addon that is marked with orange like that, it is likely due to that :)

I've now also put up an educational resource for addon devs who are unsure about the XF addon versioning:

Yeah I guess I could fix that by removing the 9X at the end of my versions.
However I will only do that upon new releases.

Great add-on @mazzly, will save a lot of hassle for some of my customers :)
Yep, the most important things for this addon to work are:
  1. Xenforo Resource page listed version is a version_string that when "reverse-parsed" resolved to the actual version_id
  2. version_id and version_string are matching in the addon.json (not crucial, but can make problems if not :) )

And happy new year everyone! I'll probably be off now until tomorrow at some point :) 🥳

These addons are versioned incorrectly, I think - I downloaded the latest versions again to double check but they still conflict

[OzzModz] Post Deleted PlaceholderRebuild2.0.0 2
[OzzModz] User Shared IP CheckerRebuild2.0.0 3
[OzzModz] Upload Signature PictureRebuild2.0.0 2
[OzzModz] Verify Email Before RegistrationRebuild2.0.7 1

@Ozzy47

Great ressource - now I also understand that version-typining-thing mutch better.

@mazzly
I think you can opena short FAQ for the most common possible trouble points. ;-)

@Kier, @Brogan, @Chris D, ...
I know - that is not the location to post suggestions, but it would be nice to see some changes for the critical points at a next Xenforo release. A litle bit more control over the add-ons (version typings) can help to make the use of Xenforo for us admins much more easy and smart. ;-)

But that point also go to ALL devs of add-ons to please use a clean version typining for your add-ons. :-)

@mazzly
When I will use the addon at more then one domain/forum - do I need a second API-Key ? I think yes, but I doesnt know it. ;-)

View attachment 279338

Some of them are not updating after upgrading.
I now set all those in the backend to be the "correct" version. It will show correctly in your ACP within ~6h

@Ozzy47 and @Xon when you post updates for those addons (and all others) please make sure to use the version_string for the New version number-field as shown in (The above listed ones you don't need to post anything from as I set the backend to ignore the current ones):

I now set all those in the backend to be the "correct" version. It will show correctly in your ACP within ~6h

@Ozzy47 and @Xon when you post updates for those addons (and all others) please make sure to use the version_string for the New version number-field as shown in (The above listed ones you don't need to post anything from as I set the backend to ignore the current ones):
This really isn't doable for some of my add-ons, as they are pinned to a non-standard version_id format for legacy reasons.

I'ld recommend if the version_id => version_string doesn't match as expected; trying to fall back to comparing the version_string after some standardization.

This really isn't doable for some of my add-ons, as they are pinned to a non-standard version_id format for legacy reasons.
Could you elaborate a little bit on this? (could do it in a PM)
- Looking at current versions for sv/*-add-ons they don't seem to be outside the allowed version_id ranges? 🤔

At least if you can do it where possible it helps :) 👍

I installed this addon 11 hours ago. I also received 3 alerts about a new addon update, but my addon listings are all displaying this icon:

1672808697185.webp

I have my API key added also, but my XF license is expired; does it matter?

I installed this addon 11 hours ago. I also received 3 alerts about a new addon update, but my addon listings are all displaying this icon:
Huh that is interesting... Can't really explain that at the moment, need to think about why it would do something like that 🙈😁

If the API key was given to you and options say it is okay, then it should be fine 😊👍

Wondering if something has crashed on the backend... Need to look at the logs.

Reactions: rdn

View attachment 279368

I added some more logging to the backend API calls so I can figure out what might be causing this.. I'll get back to you in a few hours when I have more info 😊👍

• Love
Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom