Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Does your XenForo account have a password?

If you've only ever registered using Facebook then your account actually doesn't have a password at all.

To use this feature go and set a password in your Account settings.

Once you've done that you can log in with a password. Facebook login will still work too. Just not with my add on (it wouldn't be possible).

I learned this the hard way after deleting my facebook account, since it is what I used to sign up here.

Does your XenForo account have a password?

If you've only ever registered using Facebook then your account actually doesn't have a password at all.

To use this feature go and set a password in your Account settings.

Once you've done that you can log in with a password. Facebook login will still work too. Just not with my add on (it wouldn't be possible).
That was indeed what was wrong, it's working 100% now :) might want to include this info in the add-on description for others in the same situation :)

Another question before to check the new version: most of my extensions use an "extras" directory, will it be also uploaded inside the XenForo files structure? Is there a way to prevent that?

Although the add-on will install anything, it is still best practice to use an upload folder. If there is an upload folder then it will only upload what is inside the upload folder. So you would just ensure your extras directory isn't in the upload folder :)

But, we are now able to install anything because if there isn't an upload folder it will scan the entire extracted zip for a js / library and styles folder. If it finds one or more of them, then they are copied to the appropriate places :)

That was indeed what was wrong, it's working 100% now :) might want to include this info in the add-on description for others in the same situation :)
Great. I have updated the Known issues list.

Although the add-on will install anything, it is still best practice to use an upload folder. If there is an upload folder then it will only upload what is inside the upload folder. So you would just ensure your extras directory isn't in the upload folder :).
Just to check twice even if it seems to be ok: I've currently 2 folders: extra & upload, so only the files inside the upload folder will be uploaded. Nothing changes here?

Just to check twice even if it seems to be ok: I've currently 2 folders: extra & upload, so only the files inside the upload folder will be uploaded. Nothing changes here?
That's correct. Only the contents of the upload folder will be uploaded.

In fact, if you had four folders.... extra, js, library and styles then it should still only upload js, library and styles - but my recommendation where possible is still to use the good old upload folder... It will be more familiar to those people who don't use the add-on installer anyway.

That's correct. Only the contents of the upload folder will be uploaded.

In fact, if you had four folders.... extra, js, library and styles then it should still only upload js, library and styles - but my recommendation where possible is still to use the good old upload folder... It will be more familiar to those people who don't use the add-on installer anyway.
Perfectly clear and since I've got nothing to change, it's even better.

Upgrading an addon from zip file...

Code:
Server Error

mkdir(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    mkdir() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
    AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
    AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /store1/www/it.propit.www/doc_root/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

Exactly.
Updates are not a fully automatic process. If you install or upgrade an existing add on using the resource manager URL then they are checked for updates automatically going forward.

For other add ons you will need to go through the list and give each one the correct resource manager URL.

This makes MUCH more sense. Hopefully in the future you can have it check all of your old add ons against the RM here on XF ;)

Upgrading an addon from zip file...

Code:
Server Error

mkdir(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    mkdir() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
    AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
    AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /store1/www/it.propit.www/doc_root/xenforo/admin.php at line 13
Can someone put me in the right direction? :rolleyes:

It'll be something to do with the user that your web server runs as, doesn't have permission to create directories in the install/addons directory.

This is the location where add-ons are extracted.

So it tries to create a directory there first, and it is failing because there is permission to do so.

It'll be something to do with the user that your web server runs as, doesn't have permission to create directories in the install/addons directory.

So it tries to create a directory there first, and it is failing because there is permission to do so.
Thank you Chris, permission error solver but now I have this

Code:
Server Error

This filter needs the zip extension

Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
    Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
    Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 29

Thank you Chris, permission error solver but now I have this

Code:
Server Error

This filter needs the zip extension

Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
    Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
    Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 29
php zip extension needs to be installed on your server.

So what's the fix?
777 chmod install directory or what?
I have this error too, using vps.net cloud.

So what's the fix?
Again, it's not something I can fix. I'm not going to take responsibility for people's server configurations :)

Maybe giorgino can elaborate on how he fixed the same issue.

Reactions: rdn
So what's the fix?
I have changed the owner (chown command) of the install/addon folder from 'root' to 'nging:nginx'
In the addon folder you'll find some numbered folder. See wich owner the folders have.

Code:
chown nginx:nginx install/addons

I have changed the owner (chown command) of the install/addon folder from 'root' to 'nging:nginx'
In the addon folder you'll find some numbered folder. See wich owner the folders have.
Oh, you have ssh access, me don't have :(

Top Bottom