XF 2.0 Add-on Changes Show Unexpected Contents After Upgrade

mjda

I noticed a problem with one of my add-ons so I made the changes in the php, updated the version number, rebuilt the add-on, then upgraded. For some reason, though, it's still showing the file I edited and addon.json to have unexpected contents. How can I fix this?

You can't, you're not the developer. File health check is based on the hashes.json file and you won't be able to manually calculate that.

Then you need to build a new release and install that instead of doing direct file modifications on your live site.

When you develop an addon on your local computer, development mode will be on, and as such file health check won't check your installed addons.

Then you need to build a new release and install that instead of doing direct file modifications on your live site.

When you develop an addon on your local computer, development mode will be on, and as such file health check won't check your installed addons.

I thought that might be the case, but was hoping otherwise. I closed my test server down, which is where I built the add-on originally. Looks like I'll need to set up a new one. Thanks for the replies!

You can't, you're not the developer. File health check is based on the hashes.json file and you won't be able to manually calculate that.
Uh, since when? Most of the addons don't have a build.json, so you should be able to simply do as described in the link above. And even if they have a custom build routine, it mostly just contains of adding files and minifying stuff. Actually, there is nothing like a signature check or something similar involved in the build routine, so why would an external not be able to build a new release just from the source files?

Top Bottom