XF 2.1 Add a "Verified" checkmark next to username in a "Verified" group?

DarkGizmo

So I have a "Verified" group on my forum, and I'm looking to add a twitter-like verified checkmark next to the username..... and have the group name/title itself also have the Verified check mark......how can this be accomplished? :) Thanks!

Eg: I have a pretty big Mixer streamer on my site here: ELSock. I would like to have a "Verified" check next to his name be displayed......if that makes sense.....similar to this here:
sock_verified.webp

Can this be achieved? If so, how can I do this via CSS?

Something like so works, I think :D - may need other CSS depending on where all you may want it displayed.

Less:
.username[data-user-id="18"]:after {
        color: rgb(0, 119, 245);
        font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Pro';
        content: "\f058";
        font-size: 21px;
        margin-left: 6px;
}

1562120722748.webp

Ah I assumed it was for that individual. Is the username color (style) for that group?

If so use:
Less:
span.username--style8:after {
        color: rgb(0, 119, 245);
}

should be, it's currently skyblue, but i can change it to that color scheme. (what is the actual hex code for it?

Edit: Works Thanks @Steve F ! See here and here. :) Thanks a lot. :)

However, is it at all possible to hide it from say profile posts sidebar and last post info areas? Just have it show in posts and on the profile? if that makes sense? If that's at all possible?

Remove the other CSS and replace with this.
Less:
.template-member_view,
.template-thread_view
{
    span.username--style3:after {
        color: #0077f5;
        font-style: normal;
    }
}

Ah okay great. :) This is probabl a long shot but one last thing....

is it possible to have the verified check not be part of the username link? just next to the username? like when I hover over the username in a thread, it also underlines the check and it just looks kinda weird to me? If it's not possible to do this, it's no biggie.

oh and I guess 2 things......can the verified icon be added to the member card when you hover over someone's name?

see here: ephn_membercard.webp

Last edited:
@Steve F Hey Steve, just wondering if you were able to try to sort the last bit of this request?:

is it possible to have the verified check not be part of the username link? just next to the username? like when I hover over the username in a thread, it also underlines the check and it just looks kinda weird to me? If it's not possible to do this, it's no biggie.

oh and I guess 2 things......can the verified icon be added to the member card when you hover over someone's name?

Looking forward to hearing from you (or anyone else) who may be able to help with this. :)

I'm a bit short on time so I'm not able to devote much time to this. It would require some template edits and some testing. If you would like to put in a custom work request on Pixel Exit.

Top Bottom