XF 2.1 Add pips/icons next to username to determine 'post level'?

DarkGizmo

Is it possible to add a small image next to the right of a username in posts to signify what post rank a person is?

Eg:
stars_pip.webp

While still having a team icon/image for the group an individual is in, eg:
team_icon_adminRev.webp

Does this make sense? So what I want is to be able to add a pip/star based on post count next to the username to signify how many posts a user has, regardless if they have a team icon or not. Is this possible?

You can use this, set the icon for usergroups and disallow members from choosing a custom icon.

Well that might work, but the way I want it to work is that the icon changes every so many posts.

To get an idea, see below an example:
post_ranks.webp

Does this make sense now? :) I want the image to appear beside the name like in the first post, and for it to change every X amount of posts as the user 'levels up' if you will, while still having the team badge for admins mods, etc as well.

That's what it can do. Create usergroup promotions for each of those post counts and promote them into groups using the username icon you choose.

That wouldn't work too well for say admins, mods and other staff or designated groups....I was thinking something along the lines of a template edit to accomplish this, something within extra.less.. I remember seeing something to handle this exact thing on XF some time ago but can't remember where it was......but it used the titles ladder and went by message count, which is what i want done here. :)

Your solution could be a possibility if a better solution isn't provided. :)

That wouldn't work too well for say admins, mods and other staff or designated groups....

Why not? When you say "team icon/image for the group" do you mean the user banners? The one that says REV | Administrator for example?
If so, you could keep that badge and have a username icon for the number of posts, or not, whatever you need to do.
Maybe I'm not understanding your scenario correctly, but this seems to exactly what you want it to do.
As for a template edit, I know there is a way but I've not tried anything like it since XF1.

Right, that's exactly what I want but you mentioned setting up separate usergroups for each post milestone and then have the user promoted to the next group for the new star/icon...... how will that work for admins if they can't be 'rpomoted' anywhere? Nor would I want that to be the case.......

basically, I don't want to end up with 20 different usergroups jsut for a badge/star to appear next to someone's username.

I know there was a template edit that worked like:
if postcount = X then show this image.

which would cover all usergroups, without the need of having separate usergroups made just for a new icon. If that makes sense?

Right, that's exactly what I want but you mentioned setting up separate usergroups for each post milestone and then have the user promoted to the next group for the new star/icon...... how will that work for admins if they can't be 'rpomoted' anywhere? Nor would I want that to be the case.......

basically, I don't want to end up with 20 different usergroups jsut for a badge/star to appear next to someone's username.

I know there was a template edit that worked like:
if postcount = X then show this image.

which would cover all usergroups, without the need of having separate usergroups made just for a new icon. If that makes sense?

Gotcha.
You promote them to secondary usergroups with no extra permission or styling properties. Set the styling priority lower than everything other so they inherit only the username icon. This would work for admins and mods as well.
I get you don't want all those usergroups, I don't either but still use lots just to make edits quick and easy.
Another plus side of going the usergroup promotions route is that you can use this addon to display level progress. Like this,

vxnkgsp-png.158657

That is actually a pretty neat idea that I didn't think of doing. I'll try it this route and see how it goes. :) Thanks!

Edit: For the username icon, is there a setting or way to just get it to show up in threads only and not in the online list, etc?

Edit: For the username icon, is there a setting or way to just get it to show up in threads only and not in the online list, etc?

I would think so. I only used this addon for XF1 but you should be able to do this by disabling template modifications.
You should ask the author to confirm before buying if this is a deal breaker.

Top Bottom