Fixed Active tab and alert causes bubble to scurry away

Would you want to display the counter on a highlighted tab? Would think you would want whatever it's related to to show in the sub-navigation at that point or something?

Would you want to display the counter on a highlighted tab? Would think you would want whatever it's related to to show in the sub-navigation at that point or something?
Of course I imagine that might be the case most often, but I could also imagine scenarios where you may view the tab but not perform any other necessary action that may get rid of the alert (like unread PCs).

It's quite new as a feature, so it's hard to pin down an immediate use in mind for such a thing but I personally don't see a problem having it fixed.

I was the one that suggested it, so I have lots of use for it. :)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/itemcount-support-for-custom-tabs.29296/

Image%202012.03.15%204:01:13%20PM.png

Marketplace tab shows auctions you won, but have not yet paid for. Advertising tab shows publishers unreviewed ads for their site(s), etc.

I could certainly see why someone would want to use it on a highlighted tab though now that I think about it... just never was an issue for me I guess since I don't use it that way. :)

Oh I know, it's a good suggestion. (y) However the flexibility to have it on a highlighted tab should be there as well (and is, just this minor display error).

I've got another "scurrying" case. It's not the active tab, but rather an inactive tab without a linkstemplate. My fix was to add Popup as below (to all 3 extraTabs blocks):

Rich (BB code):
		<!-- extra tabs: end -->
		<xen:if is="{$extraTabs.end}">
		<xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.end" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
			<xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
				<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} {$extraTabId}TabLinks">
					<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
						<h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
						<div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
					</div>
					{xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
				</div>
			</li>
			<xen:else />
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupClosed'}">
					<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
					<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
				</li>
			</xen:if>
		</xen:foreach>

This works for me without any breakage.

I've got another "scurrying" case. It's not the active tab, but rather an inactive tab without a linkstemplate. My fix was to add Popup as below (to all 3 extraTabs blocks):

Rich (BB code):
<!-- extra tabs: end -->
<xen:if is="{$extraTabs.end}">
<xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.end" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
<xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} {$extraTabId}TabLinks">
<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
<h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
<div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
</div>
{xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
</div>
</li>
<xen:else />
<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupClosed'}">
<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
</li>
</xen:foreach>

This works for me without any breakage.
Applied, Thanks !

The Popup class really just adds position:relative and may trigger some other things, so I simply added this CSS:
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed
{
position: relative;
}

Top Bottom