• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed Active tab and alert causes bubble to scurry away

digitalpoint

Well-known member
#2
Would you want to display the counter on a highlighted tab? Would think you would want whatever it's related to to show in the sub-navigation at that point or something?
 

Onimua

Well-known member
#3
Would you want to display the counter on a highlighted tab? Would think you would want whatever it's related to to show in the sub-navigation at that point or something?
Of course I imagine that might be the case most often, but I could also imagine scenarios where you may view the tab but not perform any other necessary action that may get rid of the alert (like unread PCs).

It's quite new as a feature, so it's hard to pin down an immediate use in mind for such a thing but I personally don't see a problem having it fixed.
 

digitalpoint

Well-known member
#4
I was the one that suggested it, so I have lots of use for it. :)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/itemcount-support-for-custom-tabs.29296/



Marketplace tab shows auctions you won, but have not yet paid for. Advertising tab shows publishers unreviewed ads for their site(s), etc.

I could certainly see why someone would want to use it on a highlighted tab though now that I think about it... just never was an issue for me I guess since I don't use it that way. :)
 

Onimua

Well-known member
#5
Oh I know, it's a good suggestion. (y) However the flexibility to have it on a highlighted tab should be there as well (and is, just this minor display error).
 

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#7
I've got another "scurrying" case. It's not the active tab, but rather an inactive tab without a linkstemplate. My fix was to add Popup as below (to all 3 extraTabs blocks):

Code:
		<!-- extra tabs: end -->
		<xen:if is="{$extraTabs.end}">
		<xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.end" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
			<xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">
			
				<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
				<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>
				
				<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} {$extraTabId}TabLinks">
					<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
						<h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
						<div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
					</div>
					{xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
				</div>
			</li>
			<xen:else />
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupClosed'}">
					<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
					<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
				</li>
			</xen:if>
		</xen:foreach>
		</xen:if>
This works for me without any breakage.
 

RoldanLT

Well-known member
#8
I've got another "scurrying" case. It's not the active tab, but rather an inactive tab without a linkstemplate. My fix was to add Popup as below (to all 3 extraTabs blocks):

Code:
<!-- extra tabs: end -->
<xen:if is="{$extraTabs.end}">
<xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.end" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
<xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">
 
<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>
 
<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} {$extraTabId}TabLinks">
<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
<h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
<div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
</div>
{xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
</div>
</li>
<xen:else />
<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupClosed'}">
<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
</li>
</xen:if>
</xen:foreach>
</xen:if>
This works for me without any breakage.
Applied, Thanks !
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#9
The Popup class really just adds position:relative and may trigger some other things, so I simply added this CSS:
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed
{
position: relative;
}