XF 2.0 Activation E-Mails not being sent 2.0.7

ibimslan

Hi.

I'm on XF 2.0.7 Beta and it seems like the email's for activation / reset password don't work.
I don't know if this issue was already on older versions since i'm a new customer to xenforo.

I searched for it on search engines and didn't find any help. I tryed it with php and with the SMTP modus and both aren't working, even if i know my SMTP data is 100% right.

My questions are:

Is it a new error that comes with 2.0.7?
If not, is this error occuring because my Top Level-Domain is ".world" ?

How may a fix this?

Greetings

got it half now.

i installed postfix MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) first which is ********)

now i got sendmail on it.

mails to gmail go well but outlook still not recieving them? ;/

I have this issue for a long time. Have met all standard (adding SPF record etc.) recommended by Hotmail, still doesn't get through. Try adding your domain in Hotmail/Outlook's Safe Sender list, and most likely you'll see emails are being delivered. This suggests Hotmail is blocking the emails, no issue on the server side mail delivery.

This happens only with Hotmail/Outlook, Gmail/Yahoo works fine (at max goes to Spam for Gmail, but Hotmail just gobbles it!!)

I have this issue for a long time. Have met all standard (adding SPF record etc.) recommended by Hotmail, still doesn't get through. Try adding your domain in Hotmail/Outlook's Safe Sender list, and most likely you'll see emails are being delivered. This suggests Hotmail is blocking the emails, no issue on the server side mail delivery.

This happens only with Hotmail/Outlook, Gmail/Yahoo works fine (at max goes to Spam for Gmail, but Hotmail just gobbles it!!)

for me it only works for gmail but not for others

Just to rule out not being blocked by Outlook, set your forum email address to use your Gmail address to send forum emails.
If they then arrive at your Outlook/Hotmail inbox you will know the issue is with your original email domain

The IP address range of hosting provider is being blocked by microsoft.

You cant do anything in that case other than reporting it to hosting provider and telling them to get it whitelisted.

I too have same problem with my hosting, their ip range is blocked on microsoft, my domain is OK but when mail is sent it wont deliver to them.

So i blacklisted microsoft emails by banning them from registering on my website (this is what i had in my hand).

Or you can use third party email service which will cost you extra.

The IP address range of hosting provider is being blocked by microsoft.

You cant do anything in that case other than reporting it to hosting provider and telling them to get it whitelisted.

I too have same problem with my hosting, their ip range is blocked on microsoft, my domain is OK but when mail is sent it wont deliver to them.

So i blacklisted microsoft emails by banning them from registering on my website (this is what i had in my hand).

Or you can use third party email service which will cost you extra.

I mentioned that:
I have seen it happen and it has been a style issue each time.

Test the site on a unmoddified default style with all addons disabled.

mails to gmail go well but outlook still not recieving them? ;/
And you will have a headache with them. You can request them to mitigate the blocking of of your IP - but it will take a while for them to investigate and make a determination.
Outlook has no blacklist against my domain.
They don't technically use a "blacklist"... their process is a little more involved than that....
Have you checked their junk mail sender status to see how your IP looks?
https://sendersupport.olc.protection.outlook.com/snds/ipStatus.aspx
They have two additional things they want you to do other than the DKIM/SPF/RDNS stuff. It's their JMRP and SNDS programs.

I recently went through this with them when I set up my new MailCow mail server. The IP provided by Digital Ocean was blocked by them - after completing the form (several times) I finally got a response letting me know the IP was temporarily mitigated and would be monitored for issues.
The problem will be if your MTA IP is shared by others, they could easily end up with that IP being blocked again.
This is one of the reasons I'm spending $10 a month on a VPS. I have installed Ubuntu & docker and then set MailCow up. That way once I get the IP all cleaned up, my mail for any domains I have should not have deliverability issues and I can continue to use it even if I change my main site hosting to somewhere else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom