Fixed Account Upgrades not working with recurring Paypal subs

Neil

Running XenForo v1.1.1

I have an active account upgrade configured which is a monthly recurring PayPal subscription. The account upgrade adds the user to another user group I have set up. The process half works: the user can go to account upgrades, click subscribe and the then sign-in to PayPal and successfully set-up the subscription and I receive the payment. However, they are not added to the group I have specified in the account upgrade. Manually upgrading their account does work however.

Is this a known issue?

I have several upgrades set up, singular and recurring and they all work fine.

Do you have any add-ons installed?

You may need to enable IPNs on the PayPal side (this doesn't always seem to be required).

You may need to enable IPNs on the PayPal side (this doesn't always seem to be required).
Just FYI... it is indeed a bug on PayPal's side. If an account ever had a hardcoded IPN URL in their settings, but then later disabled it (back to what it is by default), then the per request IPN URL doesn't work even though it's supposed to ALWAYS abide by that if specified.

If the PayPal account never had the IPN URL in their PayPal settings, then it should always be fine.

The only work around that I know of is to reenable the IPN URL in their PayPal settings (even if the URL is invalid). Then PayPal will adhere to the per request IPN URL like it's supposed to.

It's been an annoying PayPal issue for years that they still haven't fixed.

Top Bottom