XF 1.4 Account upgrades not upgrading users usergroup

WoodiE

I've created a User Upgrade and within the user upgrade have set an additional user group called "Supporting Member" so that while the upgrade is active users are put in that group as per the description of that field states "Puts the user in the selected groups while the upgrade is active."

However when users sign up for an account upgrade they are NOT being placed in this user group automatically. I have to manually assign the upgrade to the user.

What settings should I be double checking to ensure this is done automatically?

Under Users -> Transaction Log, do you see anything related to the user(s) in question?
No sir. The most recent entry is back in September and I know I've had at least 2 members sign up since then if not more. All of which had to be manually upgraded.

CQVPPgY.png

So just to confirm, if you manually upgrade the user, it works?

In that case, it's just the PayPal connection. You should ensure that IPNs are enabled in PayPal; if so, you can check the IPN history in your PayPal account to see if it is calling back to you (and where/what result it's getting).

@Mike, yes sir if I manually upgrade the account via the "User Upgrades" drop down menu it will put the users in the needed user group and all is good.

The new Paypal design is a royal pain in my butt, would you happen to have a link to the IPN page I need to check out by chance?

@Mike, THANK YOU! I've been doing a search and all that kept coming up was instructions from Paypal but using the old design which of course none of the steps worked.

The first link you posted showed that IPN was disabled. I've enabled IPN and it asked for a notification URL, for now I have entered my main forum url (http://www.mydomain.com/forum/) however I have several forums using XF and offers account upgrades how will setting one forum URL effect the other sites? Will they too remain broken?

Top Bottom