About the status of XenForo v1.2 being Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

faeronsayn

So I read the following post quite a long time a go.

Originally, we were aiming to have a beta release of XenForo 1.2 out by the end of this month. Unfortunately, this will not be possible.

When we determine an updated XenForo 1.2 release estimate, we will make an announcement.

We know that some of you are also looking forward to the release of the Resource Manager. We do not have a release estimate for that currently, but we will make an announcement when we do.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

This was posted mid way through June. It's been roughly 1 and a half months and no update or any type of news has been published about this.

It says in the announcement that they were hoping to release a beta by the end of June. It's already been the end of July and August has already started. Yet no news of really any development has surfaced.

I assure you I am not one of the guys that just rage at the developers for slow development. But I do like it when I get some type of updates from the developers, even if it's just saying we won't be releasing it in August or September. The fact that this version was to be released in the end of June and we still haven't even gotten an update on what's going on, worries be slightly.

Updating customers on what's going on can't hurt. It's a simple post that makes all of us happy to see that developers are still in the works, since obviously we can't see the development.

There are no updates yet. Just waiting.

Patience is required. The lawsuit against XF is ongoing which is a real sucker of time and money. The trial date is currently set for January 15th 2013. Look forward to that.

In the meantime development continues, but there are no new updates as of yet.

It says in the announcement that they were hoping to release a beta by the end of June. It's already been the end of July and we've August has already started. Yet no news of really any development has surfaced.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-2-delayed.32889/

I see no mentions of "were hoping to release a beta by end of June". Instead, it says clearly:
When we determine an updated XenForo 1.2 release estimate, we will make an announcement.

I don't get where you got the June estimate from?

It's his assumption based on present scenario.
Shelley is a girl...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-2-delayed.32889/

I see no mentions of "were hoping to release a beta by end of June". Instead, it says clearly:

I don't get where you got the June estimate from?
That update was posted in June, and the first sentence in that update clearly says "Originally, we were aiming to have a beta release of XenForo 1.2 out by the end of this month."

There are no updates yet. Just waiting.

Patience is required. The lawsuit against XF is ongoing which is a real sucker of time and money. The trial date is currently set for January 15th 2013. Look forward to that.

In the meantime development continues, but there are no new updates as of yet.
This is the answer to this thread.

Personally, and this is my opinion. I don't think 1.2 will come at all.

Personally, I don't think 1.2 will come this year. It makes me very sad and is a real shame, something you feel when a side cheats in a game and defeats someone who played so very well... But this is the real world... and we have to move on....

Also, it is my opinion that Xenforo 1.1.3 is well worth the $140 they are charging, even if there are to be no new versions from now on.

I hope all of you *****ing get sued by a near billion dollar company and then have people whine to you about why things aren't exactly as you had originally laid them out to be.

We are not disregarding the fact that they are being sued and are in a rough position right now.

Personally all I am saying is, we need updates. A little post every now and then from the developers, doesn't hurt.

I don't want them to be developing the software at some rapid pace. I am aware it's only two of them. That is not even the point of this whole thread, its the fact that there are lack of updates from the developers. I personally work quite hard for my money, and the least I can get is a little update from the developer stating what's going on. They did it in mid june, but it's been 1 and a half month, and we haven't received any official development updates.

Personally, and this is my opinion. I don't think 1.2 will come at all.
I think that is a little negative, considering 1.1.3 only got released June 19. As mentioned above, the lawsuit will be having an impact on owners, though once that is over, the company can get back to full steam ahead.

Personally all I am saying is, we need updates. A little post every now and then from the developers, doesn't hurt.
It's not going to happen, give up.

I personally work quite hard for my money, and the least I can get is a little update from the developer stating what's going on.
You're entitled to nothing outside of the terms of the license agreement.

Do you know what? It's threads like this that ruin this community. Let's just be grateful for what we have - as little as it may be - and just focus on doing our bit to make this community the fantastic community it already is.

Updates will happen, not when you ask for them, but when they are ready. Posting "oh we haven't heard anything for X weeks" is counter-productive and as demonstrated hundreds of times before, will not normally provoke the response of the development team.

The best thing to do is to just drop it. Don't even bother posting on the forums. It's pointless. No one knows when XenForo 1.2 will come out, when the Resource Manager will be released. No point in asking.

Just leave it at that, and if you can't, go and contact Kier, Ashley or Mike. But guess what, they won't have an update either... because if they did, they'd have posted it here already.

We have been assured that the first priority of the staff is the defending against the lawsuit, that is a good thing. We also have Jake Bunce helping here all day. We also have a lot of other skilled people helping here all day (a very helpful and active community). These are a very good thing. Plus a lot a very very good addons released in the past 6 months.
Even though future of Xenfore is unsure, I have decided that the 1.1.3 + powerful add ons is what I need for my projects the coming months, and nothing I know of can compete witth that for my current needs.

Do you actually need a 1.2 right now? I guess the requests for status updates is because you are worried about Xenforo future. Why? Because this is hell of a piece of software. So yes, reason to be worried. But I prefer staff focus on the lawsuit right now, and then the rest of us can focus helping buying and testing addons as well as developing our sites and show the world what can be done with Xenforo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom