About the status of XenForo v1.2 being Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the problem about giving normal and regular updates

"Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"

^ That sucks. But it is what it is and currently, if they say they have X plan for X date, Internet Brands could say...... "Really? So do we."

OR worse of all, they could release X before XenForo then claim that there is the proof that XenForo was copying them, even though X wouldn't have happen (wasn't even originally planned) for Internet Brands in the 1st place and only did happen (became planned) because XenForo said it.

Here is the problem about giving normal and regular updates

"Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"

^ That sucks. But it is what it is and currently, if they say they have X plan for X date, Internet Brands could say...... "Really? So do we."

OR worse of all, they could release X before XenForo then claim that there is the proof that XenForo was copying them, even though X wouldn't have happen (wasn't even originally planned) for Internet Brands in the 1st place and only did happen (became planned) because XenForo said it.
What? No. I don't even.. that's like saying EA would sue Activision because they both use the same gun but EA released BF3 first. This just isn't it at all.

What? No. I don't even.. that's like saying EA would sue Activision because they both use the same gun but EA release BF3 first. This just isn't it at all.
Your comparing Apples to Oranges

You forget (or ignore) that Internet Brands whole argument is that everything past, current, and possible future is in breach of copyright. And that everything about XenForo is a stolen idea of vBulletin / Internet Brands.

Yep... this is exactly why IB have no ground against XF, because you can't claim copyright on ideas so readily. An idea has to have substance to have any real grounds... and lets face it, most softwares on the web are all doing similar things, copying one another, putting their own spin on things, etc. Very little in web software is actually unique nowadays.

If ideas were so readily sued... then Facebook would be suing a whole lot of developers for timelines, status, alerts, etc.

Your comparing Apples to Oranges

You forget (or ignore) that Internet Brands whole argument is that everything past, current, and possible future is in breach of copyright. And that everything about XenForo is a stolen idea of vBulletin / Internet Brands.
No. That is not what it is about at all. You can't be sued for a stolen idea.

I think that is a little negative, considering 1.1.3 only got released June 19. As mentioned above, the lawsuit will be having an impact on owners, though once that is over, the company can get back to full steam ahead.

It's not being negative Anthony it's having an opinion. I'm not fussed when it'll come I just don't think it will be released. It's an amazing piece of software which I'll carry on supporting to the end though because that's how highly I feel about it but i still don't think 1.2 will ever make the light of day.

I just hope Kier and Mike keep their heads above water the best they can during all this IB nonsense, then once its all said and done, they can get on with their plans for making the best forum software product on the web.

No. That is not what it is about at all. You can't be sued for a stolen idea.
You don't know copyright laws than (sorry).

But yes, their argument is that the code, features, and likeness of XenForo is all in violation. And subsequently anything past, current, and further developed by XenForo is theft (this is Internet Brands's argument)

You don't know copyright laws than (sorry).

But yes, they're argument is that the code, features, and likeness is all in violation. And subsequently anything past, current, and further developed by XenForo is theft (this is Internet Brands's argument)
What the hell? Is this one of those you are wrong but just argue on principle?

You can't copyright an idea. You can make patents for ideas/inventions (which is ridiculous). But you CAN NOT copyright an IDEA. That is the simple fact. Have you even read anything about the copyright? It isn't about 'ideas' in the slightest.

Please stop making stuff up to try not be wrong.

EDIT (but here so you don't reply without seeing it): I just noticed you completely changed your argument from ideas to "code, features and likeness". Of which only one is correct. Whatever, keep making **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom