My 2013 Review of XenForo

I am just laughing because I get Addams sense of humor........
We're all human and no matter how hard we try, we're not prefect.
I assumed it to be a typo and at that, I found humor in a typo occurring while talking the point of imperfection itself, either way one of us is wrong here and that also shows imperfection. (should add that either way, both versions are funny.)

Perfect.

At this time, XenForo's software, development, developers, staff, 3rd party developers, support, and community make for the perfect blend. There is no concerning reason not to buy into XenForo.
Thanks for reading
:)
This is a wonderful review. ... I'm proud to be a part of a community that likes to get ship done.
Well written Adam... probably laughing...because he, like you and I ... are not perfect... and that is funny because as humans most of us have our moments where we appear to think we are perfect...and everyone is guilty of that...and that is funny :)
I love you guys.​

Life is filled it little ironic moments. This would be one of mine. It was a mistype on my part.

Going over it again, there are a few small mistypes which I'm surprised Microsoft Word didn't notice in its spell & grammar check. For example there are a few points where to should be too.

I do find it funny & ironic that I typed out prefect rather than perfect. This humorous fact does not escape me. :ROFLMAO:

Review of Review Follow Up
Closing Introduction:

This will be my final comment on this review for 2013 and perhaps I will reevaluate again in 2014. As I usually perfer to do this once a year, unless prompted with reason to do it sooner (usually unlikely). But typically software development and the communities that surround them don't usually change over night & so once a year is good enough.

Why a follow up review?

The point of the review follow up is simple, were there any actions that followed because of my review? Or recent un-coincidental changes that had nothing to do with my review, but simply happened soon after & are worth commenting on?

History has very surprisingly taught me that dropping a review can indeed be a sensitive matter. And can even cause unwarranted & unwanted repercussions. But sometimes it can also cause positive change as well, which is also surprising to me.

And sometimes my reviews may have left something out or something changed soon after & it is worth adding further in depth reviewing to bring my review into a more current focus.

Finally, it is usually the odd little ends that most people don't consider or would never expect that are "wrapped up" in my closing review. That list usually grows as my experience grows from attempting to write up such reviews as this & very surprisingly, they boarder the strange and usual. o_O

The Closing List

The pros:

• No negative action was taken or directed through action or action through inaction toward me or my community by the development as a result of my review. (y)
  • No negative action or personal retaliation from the majority of the community took place as a result of my review. (y)
  • The review was not editor or reformed in that it was left in its full original format (all 6 post with all content).
  • The review was not editor or formatted in that extra words, that I did not say were added.
  • The review was not deleted
  • The review was not locked or censored preventing others from following up or commenting.
  • My account was not banned
  • My account was not limited
  • Access to development downloads remained
  • Others who agreed with the review were not met with negative actions by the development
  • Others who agreed with the review were not met with overwhelming negative action from the majority of the community
  • No outrageous or damaging comments, claims, or accusations were made as a result the my review.
  • The majority of the readers accepted constructive criticism within the review's con list and comments, where applied
  • The development accepted constructive criticism within the review's con list and comments, where applied
  • No development members resigned as a result of or soon after my review
  • No support members resigned as a result of or soon after my review
  • No staff members resigned as result of or soon after my review
  • No community members left or threaten to leave as a result of my review
  • No 3rd party developer left or threaten to leave as a result of my review
  • Development did not discontinue as a result of or soon after my review
  • Development did not sell out to another company
  • Management did not change after my review
  • The price of the developed project (XenForo) did not go up as a result or soon after my review
  • There was not a sudden wave of paid 3rd party development flooding the market
  • There was more free 3rd party development released after my review
  • The ratio of free vs paid 3rd party development remains balanced
  • The ratio of quality free vs paid 3rd party development remains balanced
  • Support remained productive
  • Support remained helpful and useful
  • Support remained friendly
  • 3rd party development remained productive
  • 3rd party development remained friendly
  • Community remained active
  • Community remained productive
  • Community remained friendly

Cons:

None. Zip. Zero. Na'da :)

General other
  • Were there any changes since the publication of this review?
YES, the publication of an active public beta of XenForo 1.2 on XenForo.com
  • Where these changes positive or negative?
Positive
  • Where these changes productive?
Yes.

Closing & Final Review of 2013
A+
The development, support, staff, and community is a collective group of well balanced & reasonable individuals. They're overall open to constructive criticism and accept the general idea that others do have opinions & they have a general acceptable tolerance of others. This is a good thing.

From the business point of view, the development by the developers of XenForo continues to progress worry free and overall drama free. This indicates a continued strong dedication to their products and the continued development and their customers.

Closing again with that at this time there is no reason overall to give a reason not to invest and buy into XenForo. :)

(Continues in 2014)

Last edited:
It surprised me that people have posted in here even though they knew the review wasn't completed. Before review parts there should not be any comments.

It surprised me that people have posted in here even though they knew the review wasn't completed. Before review parts there should not be any comments.

Actually, had no one said anything, the review follow up would have had at least 1 con; stating that the community at large shows no general interest in comments or the opinions of others of the current developing project.

Which overall would be a bad thing when you think about it. The review did say, that there would be a review follow which would take into consideration the impact that followed of the original review.

And thus, here we are.

Comments to reviews belong after the whole review is finished, not between review parts. Just like with tutorials. If this were my review I would request the comments between the review parts to be removed and/or their time stamp changed so that they appear after the last review part.

Top Bottom