About Add-on Shares

In addition to the XF license terms and general copyright law, it is also explicitly laid out in the forum terms and rules: https://xenforo.com/community/help/terms/

14. Many third-parties have released their own resources (add-ons, styles, graphics, translations, etc) here. You must follow their specified license. If no license is explicitly specified, re-distribution (of the resource or of derivatives) is not permitted. Violation of resource licenses will lead to resource access being restricted.

In addition to the XF license terms and general copyright law, it is also explicitly laid out in the forum terms and rules: https://xenforo.com/community/help/terms/

If this is the result everyone should comply with the rule no longer have a situation to discuss.
The sad point is that this discussion leads to conflicts between members. All of us use this system everyone needs support from each other.

So you received permission for all of the resources which are hosted on the site associated with your license?
permissions of many attachments were taken. it is ok to remove the complainant.

If this is the result everyone should comply with the rule no longer have a situation to discuss.
The sad point is that this discussion leads to conflicts between members. All of us use this system everyone needs support from each other.
I indicated the source of the official site as the source on all the shares.result?it is very hurtful to talk like you are intentional.

Your attachments have been removed from our site. Also watch out for your conversations. All kinds of sharing is prohibited. There is not much to talk about. Your files have been removed. Congratulations to xenforo.com Management. Should I also remove Facebook share buttons?

You may also want to check this post about trademark and using XenForo in your site name...

Q: May XenForo be used in domain/site names?

A: XenForo is a limited company, registered in the UK. The company has a website and a distinctive logo. The company also now has a history, which is currently short, but is growing. Therefore the company can demonstrate the right of trademark.

With this in mind, the company wants to protect that trademark, understandably. Therefore, we are not giving permission for XenForo to be used, as part of a site name or domain name (or any name).

Clearly this has potential to become (or has already become) an emotional matter and really, it is quite simple. The point is simply about protecting XenForo trademark. We would be negligent if we did not protect our trademark; for the benefit of our customers future. No one wants to become involved in wrangling over trademark issues, for obvious reasons and we ask that we are not put in a position to have to consider whether to take action.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/random-questions-answered.114/page-2#post-52611

XenForo management ;

Your decision is ridiculous

It's not really XenForo's decision, nor is it ridiculous. They had no right to redistribute any add-on/style just as they have no right to distribute XenForo itself. Whether a product is free or paid is completely irrelevant as far as copyright laws go, you can't distribute it without permission from the author (either by asking them, or via the license they chose for their product).

There is no point in further discussion. Extensions added have been removed. We are not warez sites. From now on, we are not releasing unauthorized extensions. When in Rome, do as the Romans. ;)

They admitted they didn't have permission multiple times BUT they also questioned whether they needed permission.

They had been operating under the misconception that they didn't need permission.

Now they (hopefully) know they do need permission.

I think that sounds like they've accepted all the complaints on here and are trying to improve.

Wot.

From now on

Meaning "We used to release unauthorised extensions, but we will stop doing that"

So you admit you did not have permission to do this in the first place, that's literally what you just said.

View attachment 166313

Fillip

I want to say this; we do not use add-ons without permission. No more discussions. We do not support files DBTECH in Turkey and do not recommend. Happy New Year :)

They admitted they didn't have permission multiple times BUT they also questioned whether they needed permission.

They had been operating under the misconception that they didn't need permission.

Now they (hopefully) know they do need permission.

I think that sounds like they've accepted all the complaints on here and are trying to improve.

Thank you for your message. ;)

Last edited:
I want to say this; we do not use add-ons without permission. No more discussions. We do not support files DBTECH in Turkey and do not recommend. Happy New Year :)

Absolutely I agree. we will not support dbtech products in our country

That seems a bit over the top, AFAIK he doesn't even have any free add-ons, which should mean that you weren't distributing his products in the first place. Why would you "not support" add-ons that work just fine simply because they call someone out on copyright infringements (and from what I can tell, call someone out on copyright infringements for other developers, not themselves)

That's ridiculous! He called you out and now you slander him? It's starting to look like developers here don't need your "support". Real XenForo supporters back the developers and designers here.

Yes we do need their support we are not professionals. Please respect these peoples who are helping us without having any profit..

I want to say this; we do not use add-ons without permission. No more discussions. We do not support files DBTECH in Turkey and do not recommend.

That is utterly ridiculous and childish way to act. You got caught doing wrong and want to take it out on other people? Makes absolutely no sense.

That's ridiculous! He called you out and now you slander him? It's starting to look like developers here don't need your "support". Real XenForo supporters back the developers and designers here.

Champion, big decoder ; Your attachments have been removed and we will not give you any Turkish support. The subject is closed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom