Implemented a dark theme option

dieketzer

it would be great if by default a dark theme shipped with xenforo.
sure, many people will say 'just use the style editor', and i have. but there are issues that i have encountered that have made this such an annoying task; gradients that look terrible on a dark theme hidden everywhere, shadow css that is difficult to find and looks terrible on a dark theme, classes like '@darker' that actually mean 'lighter' on a dark theme, and so on.
it sure would be great to have a dark default to base further dark styles on.

Upvote 116
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Your sarcastic unpleasantness is inappropriate.

Just help people without the snarky attitude.
But the fact remains.. Kier has acknowledged that their is a dark style to be included in the next version... some people tend/trend to not read the full thread before making posts.

But the fact remains.. Kier has acknowledged that their is a dark style to be included in the next version... some people tend/trend to not read the full thread before making posts.
Yes of course, but it's the manner that matters here, not that he pointed it out, as I explained. No need for attitude from him to try and put people down.

Yes of course, but it's the manner that matters here, not that he pointed it out, as I explained. No need for attitude from him to try and put people down.
Well, he was simply pointing out that you stated that it "hadn't been implemented" and a page or two prior that Kier stated that the next version was going to have it. I really didn't see any "attitude" in his response, other than pointing out the simple fact that reading the thread could easily educate one on what developers have previously stated as being planned for the next x.Y.z release.

I've explained it all and I think it's all quiet clear and obvious, so perhaps just take it to pm if you wanna continue discussing it.

I've explained it all and I think it's all quiet clear and obvious, so perhaps just take it to pm if you wanna continue discussing it.
Again.. you see an attitude... I don't... no need to take it to "PM". It simply appears that one has thin skin, another has thicker skin.
One simply needs to see your
The suggestion is 13 years old though and still hasn't been implemented so I wouldn't hold my breath. . :confused:
to realize you apparently haven't read the thread.... since it was already stated (by Kier- you know, one of the major developers of XF) - and that was pointed out to you - that a dark style would be included in 2.3.0

Last edited:
It's totally attitude, not me having a "thin skin". As I said, take it to pm, don't leave a parting shot like you just did.

Oh, attitude was definitely meant. This is a 3 page topic, the important quote is on page 2, but it’s also been quoted multiple times in the various 2.3 threads. At this point, I figured anyone actually following the 2.3 debate would probably be aware of the fact that this was confirmed for 2.3 from that quote… so in my mind this was a mild but mostly harmless comment about saving you the effort of reading page 2 in a 3 page topic.

I will freely admit I might have written it differently for literally anyone else.

It's totally attitude, not me having a "thin skin".
The thread was barely two pages long when you asked. You could have read it. You're being too sensitive. Perhaps it was taking a bit of a crack at you, but not reading a 3 page thread before asking a question that's already been answered is against the normal acceptance of behaviour in participating in a community forum, and thus the crack was not unwarranted.

Oh, attitude was definitely meant.
hehehehe... and here lies one of my conversants with you... where you meant some sarcasm/attitude... I on the other hand detected none as you basically pointed out that Kier has already (in this thread) stated that 2.3 would have a dark style.... and indicated if anyone had read the full thread they would be cognizant of that. :eek:

So people missed it, so?
People who didn't read the thread and simply jumped into the middle of the discussion most likely did. That's why it's sometimes beneficial to take the few extra minutes to read an entire thread before responding. And yes, I've been guilty of the same.

Exactly and totally uncalled for.

So people missed it, so? Are you so perfect? Hardly. Just point it out nicely and everyone appreciates it.
This.

I'm looking forward to this if it actually eventuates. I think @Kier said something about this happening in 2.3.

I'm looking forward to this if it actually eventuates. I think @Kier said something about this happening in 2.3.
If you had read this thread (specifically this post), you would be able to "know" instead of "think". :whistle:

Last edited:
If you had read this thread, you would be able to "know" instead of "think". :whistle:

Stop being so condecsending with your posts.

Stop being so condecsending with your posts.
Where is the condecsending <sp> attitude?.. it's simply readily apparent that you (and at least one other) failed to actually read the thread that you commented in, and it was pointed out by myself and another that highlighted the failure... and then, at least you, apparently became "hurt" when it was pointed out that your position was negated by actual developer feedback pertaining to that very point. Pointing out laziness/lack of due diligence does not equate to being condescending.
The fact remains.. reading this very thread would have removed ANY need to "think" and would have given actual developer provided acknowledgement of future plans, which ultimately results in "knowing" instead of "thinking".

Last edited:
Top Bottom