XF 2.1 Readapting Dark theme in the current template?

Nodybuddy

Hey guys! So I recently installed Dark theme plugin and was trying to find ways to implement that dark theme into our existing forum template which is “New TubeBuddy Style”

I'm new to CSS and styling, so am not sure how can I make this happen. When I change my forum template to default dark theme, it shows up an entirely different template than the one that I have on existing. Is there anyway where I can copy the New TubeBuddy Style template and, have an option to change its theme to dark?
1701271182376.webp

I did manage to find a way to change the settings to dark but that didn't really work out and I didn't want to break anything so could you please guide me? Here's the template styling settings that we have the OG style:

1701271354178.webp

Make the new style a child of the original style.

That will duplicate everything from that style and then all you need to change are the colours.

Make the new style a child of the original style.

That will duplicate everything from that style and then all you need to change are the colours.

Thank you sir! So I'm trying to copy the color codes from the dark theme add on and so far it did partially work but something seems off. I'm unable to see the subforums background colors and YouTube animations.

Before the changes:

1701273526450.webp

After the changes:

1701273645586.webp

Also, the within the subforum, the background seems to be white:

1701273689243.webp

What am doing wrong here?

Most likely you will need to replicate the custom CSS for the node backgrounds, etc. in the child style if it's not inheriting for some reason.

Impossible to say without logging in to the ACP to check things.

Most likely you will need to replicate the custom CSS for the node backgrounds, etc. in the child style if it's not inheriting for some reason.

Impossible to say without logging in to the ACP to check things.

Thanks for the prompt response sir. So that means I'll need to head to node section and make the changes manually? 1701274170285.webp

Node settings are tpyically global but you have an add-on or customisation installed for node styling so I don't know how that works.

Check with the author.

Thanks for the prompt response sir. So that means I'll need to head to node section and make the changes manually? View attachment 294511

Ah, that's the issue. The forum is actually owned by a company and the person who first made it resigned long back and am currently managing and administrating it. If you can guide me where I can find the global node settings, I will try to play around things and see if I can figure it out.

Once again, thank you sir for being so patient with me. I apologize if my question are noobish.

Top Bottom