A couple of questions about phpBB to xenforo conversion

KOP

Hello i have a PHPBB fourm which is over 3 years old and has 302556 posts. Before I purchase xenforo and convert my phpbb forum i have a few questions .

1) with 302556 posts. and a database size of 549.MIB how long will it take to import the data into xenforo using the bulit in convert? rough estimate

2) i checked the demo of xenforo and Date of birth is a required feild for registered members however in phpbb it is not and many of my members have left this feild blank.will this cause a problem?

3) If i opt for a paid import service will i be able to keep the current password?

thanks

KOP

The import time will depend on various factors, including server spec's and configuration. It's not really possible to give an estimate.

Date of birth can be disabled - it's not a requirement.

XenForo does not offer an import service, just installation. Passwords are preserved though when importing.

thanks for the help.

another concern that i have is that i once tired a test import from my phpbb forum to mybb using the forum merger software and when it tired to imports the post it would freeze after a while which made it impossible to import the posts.Could the xenforo importer react in the same manner.

I am purchased the software and doing a import form phpbb3 but have problems which is
  • The attachments directory could not be found.
  • The avatars directory could not be found.
can you please help me ? btw I cant post in the support section?

I have used a different email address.

the paths I have for avatar's Is
/phpBB3/images/avatars/upload

and for attachemtns

its /phpBB3/files

but does not work

Top Bottom