1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of questions about phpBB to xenforo conversion

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by KOP, Jan 9, 2012.

1. KOP

KOP New Member

Hello i have a PHPBB fourm which is over 3 years old and has 302556 posts. Before I purchase xenforo and convert my phpbb forum i have a few questions .

1) with 302556 posts. and a database size of 549.MIB how long will it take to import the data into xenforo using the bulit in convert? rough estimate

2) i checked the demo of xenforo and Date of birth is a required feild for registered members however in phpbb it is not and many of my members have left this feild blank.will this cause a problem?

3) If i opt for a paid import service will i be able to keep the current password?

thanks

KOP

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The import time will depend on various factors, including server spec's and configuration. It's not really possible to give an estimate.

Date of birth can be disabled - it's not a requirement.

XenForo does not offer an import service, just installation. Passwords are preserved though when importing.

KOP likes this.
  3. KOP

KOP New Member

thanks for the help.

another concern that i have is that i once tired a test import from my phpbb forum to mybb using the forum merger software and when it tired to imports the post it would freeze after a while which made it impossible to import the posts.Could the xenforo importer react in the same manner.

4. Brogan

5. KOP

KOP New Member

I am purchased the software and doing a import form phpbb3 but have problems which is
    • The attachments directory could not be found.
    • The avatars directory could not be found.
    can you please help me ? btw I cant post in the support section?

6. Brogan

You need to associate your forum account to post in the support forums.

I have a license yet I still can't post, view or download attachments in the customer forums.
    Ensure you have associated your forum user name with your customer account. If you used the same email address for both accounts, they will be synchronised automatically; it can take up to 10 minutes to process.

The paths are incorrect.

7. KOP

KOP New Member

I have used a different email address.

the paths I have for avatar's Is
    /phpBB3/images/avatars/upload

and for attachemtns

its /phpBB3/files

but does not work

8. Brogan

9. KOP

KOP New Member

10. Brogan

Yes, as soon as you are able.

I assume you must have entered the wrong details as it's still not showing as linked to your license.

11. KOP

KOP New Member

the e-mail i entred was the one I used to purchase the software and when I click on the customers tab on the homepage my deatils appear
    XenForo (World Of Cricket)

12. Brogan

Add your forum user name here:

forum-users.PNG

KOP likes this.
  13. KOP

KOP New Member

I am now able to post in the support section