We are checking around to see about maybe moving to a different paid forum to have a continuing support when we needed it and also Phorum is not really mobile or tablet friendly.
We have a couple of questions ....
- Is there a convert script for Phorum to XF? This is a must because we have over 18 years worth of data including 20+ gigabytes of photos to transfer over.
- Does XF have threaded view or is it a standard flat view? Our members love threaded view since we first started our forum back in 1995 on a WebBBS before we moved to Phorum which also have threaded view.
- Is XF mobile or tablet friendly and does XF support upload images for smartphone or tablet? Do you offer apps or does the taptalk support XF?
- Does XF hooks or support custom modules? With Phorum we create custom modules and plug it into Phorum so we never need to hack the Phorum itself but use the hooks within the Phorum code.
- Does XF have auto image resize after uploading? Our members know how to resize the image before uploading but we notice more and more newer members doesn't know and they are coming from other fourm that does the resize for them when they upload images.
- How do we acquire a demo script and how it is set up? We have a production server and a test server which is a copy of a production server, we would like to try the demo out on our test server to see how it handle our large database. Back in the years all other forum script would choke on it and Phorum were the only one that could handle it with ease and speed.