[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
If you want to display a block on the portal but nowhere else, just put that block in the portal layout and it will work fine :)

Thanks for the reply and sorry for sounding thick, i know how to get the block on the portal page. I just dont know what the hook is for the block to make it show just on the portal page.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for sounding thick, i know how to get the block on the portal page. I just dont know what the hook is for the block to make it show just on the portal page.
When you define a layout for the portal there's some kind of hierarchy that determines where this layout will be propagated to. In your XenPorta options you'll see the following hint under the "Globalized Custom Layouts" section:

By default, only the Portal uses the Layout Framework. You can enable the framework for various sections of your website (as well as enable articles mode). If you enable the framework for a section, you must define a custom layout for that section, or it's fallback.

Take note of the sentence highlighted in bold. So in your XenPorta options, if you've got a check against other sections in your forum (e.g. article, index, forum, etc) then you must define a layout for that section, or the fallback will be used. In this custom layout, you can remove the "offending" block that you do not want to appear.

My reply was before your edit.

Do you have a link, or screenshot, of what your 'forums' layout currently looks like?

Ok, there is two layouts you have to know. The Index one and the Forum one. The Index layout is for the forum_list and the forum layout is for the forum_view.

If you want to have acess to the layout for your forum_list (similar to this page : https://xenforo.com/community/) you will have to activate the Index one and put some blocks inside.

If you want to populate the forum_view : https://xenforo.com/community/forums/announcements/ for example, you will need to activate the Forum layout. However, don't forget to add :
Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />
At the absolute bottom of the forum_view template and
Code:
<xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />
At the absolute bottom of the thread_view template if you want some blocks on threads aswell.

This is where I was headed: I had a feeling he was confusing the terminology between 'index' and 'forum', and seeing the screenshot would have confirmed that.

so no one knows how to fix the error i get when i reinstall a fresh copy of xenporta?

I get this error:

"Template titles must be unique. The specified title is already in use."

Make sure you check the "Forum" checkbox in the "Globalized Custom Layouts" (currently not checked in your screenshot), in addition to applying the template modification to the 'forum_view' template.

Do you have layouts created for both index and forum?

Did you modify the forum_view template correctly?

Is the modified template in, or inherited by, the style you're actually using?

so no one knows how to fix the error i get when i reinstall a fresh copy of xenporta?

I get this error:

"Template titles must be unique. The specified title is already in use."
I've never seen this before, but I've never tried "reinstalling" XenPorta.

How exactly did you "reinstall"?

Maybe some templates weren't properly removed when you uninstalled?

Do you know which template is producing the conflict? If so, try uninstalling again and see if the template still exists (i.e. wasn't removed properly).

This is probably a silly question, but I cannot seem to find the answer. Whenever I post an image, it goes to the side of the post, and if I post a banner image, it doesn't show up at all. I've seen sites who use this make multiple images on the site, but I cannot seem to figure out how doing it.

Sorry if this seems confusing.

Top Bottom