[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
It sounds like you want to customize the sidebar on the node list, not a custom forum index page. If that's right, go to the XP options and select the box to edit forums. Then after that create a forum layout in layouts > new layout > forum. Change the index option in the main options back to forums/

I probably missed something, wrote this on my phone

I see that this is unmaintained. Does everyone still use it?
Everyone is a broad thing to ask. If you aren't on Xenforo 2.0 there is no real reason not to use it if you were using it in 1.2 and still wanted it. Some people never liked it and are moving on. For me there is no alternative in existence. I am building a site with it now knowing that I won't be using it sometime next year.

Its up to what you need. It doesn't really need maintainence.

Everyone is a broad thing to ask. If you aren't on Xenforo 2.0 there is no real reason not to use it if you were using it in 1.2 and still wanted it. Some people never liked it and are moving on. For me there is no alternative in existence. I am building a site with it now knowing that I won't be using it sometime next year.

Its up to what you need. It doesn't really need maintainence.
What do you think you will be using next year

I placed my forum as of right now in "forums" directory and I am using wordpress as home page. If I want to use xenporta as home page, would I have to move the software to the main root or no?

It sounds like you want to customize the sidebar on the node list, not a custom forum index page. If that's right, go to the XP options and select the box to edit forums. Then after that create a forum layout in layouts > new layout > forum. Change the index option in the main options back to forums/

I probably missed something, wrote this on my phone
It say unspecified error when i type forums/

Has anyone modified recent news to allow the for hierarchical categories (i.e. subcategories)

I would like to make the move from wordpress to using just the forums, however in Wordpress i use News -> Team news
and so on plus other areas.

I started looking at this but wanted to check if anyone else had already done the work before I start on it

How do I get a widget to just show on the portal page and not the rest of the forum.

If you look at my forum at www.photography-forum.org

The portal page, the image gallery breaks out of the theme if you reduce the page - its not responsive. So I have it set to 6 images but still we have issues.

I want to use the widget that is on the old forum home page (now "Forums" page) which is part of the widget framework.

Im just unsure on the hook location to make it show on the portal page and not all the others.

Sorry if this is a very basic question.

thanks in advance

Martin

If you want to display a block on the portal but nowhere else, just put that block in the portal layout and it will work fine :)

Top Bottom