[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
if everything is working, what needs to be updated?

When something stops working "unmaintained" means don't expect it to be fixed. If 1.4.2 broke this or for some reason (Brogan said 1.4 being final is not actually set in stone, just likely) 1.5 comes out and breaks it the thread would be spammed by people complaining or asking Jaxel when the update is.

It's unmaintained and unsupported for the most part. But it still work's so it's still here.

When something stops working "unmaintained" means don't expect it to be fixed. If 1.4.2 broke this or for some reason (Brogan said 1.4 being final is not actually set in stone, just likely) 1.5 comes out and breaks it the thread would be spammed by people complaining or asking Jaxel when the update is.

It's unmaintained and unsupported for the most part. But it still work's so it's still here.

ALL of Jaxel's free addons have been unsupported since xenForo has existed.

EDIT: XenPorta has been around longer than most addons, and it is still working strong. I must say that says a lot for unsupported piece of software. and it is FREE

Last edited:
ALL of Jaxel's free addons have been unsupported since xenForo has existed.

EDIT: XenPorta has been around longer than most addons, and it is still working strong. I must say that says a lot for unsupported piece of software. and it is FREE
Absolutely! You and we both know that it's a bit of kit that still works fine. Unsupported simply flags up that it hasn't been updated in a while, and it's pretty unlikely to receive updates. Doesn't mean the resources is broken - after all, it isn't. It simply means that there's the potential for it to break and not get fixed.

Absolutely! You and we both know that it's a bit of kit that still works fine. Unsupported simply flags up that it hasn't been updated in a while, and it's pretty unlikely to receive updates. Doesn't mean the resources is broken - after all, it isn't. It simply means that there's the potential for it to break and not get fixed.

not to get fixed anytime soon... :whistle:

why has this addon been labelled with 'Unmaintained' prefix?

Because some people have a personal issue with Jaxel.

This is clearly maintained, Jaxel posted an update for the only issue caused by 1.4. Just because he doesn't publicly answer all the support requests (most of which are the 100th repeat) isn't a reason to say it's not maintained any longer.

Because some people have a personal issue with Jaxel.

This is clearly maintained, Jaxel posted an update for the only issue caused by 1.4. Just because he doesn't publicly answer all the support requests (most of which are the 100th repeat) isn't a reason to say it's not maintained any longer.
Did you miss this?
Снимок экрана 2014-10-05 в 17.57.36.webp

I have a question about the RecentFeatures block. Right now I have it working just fine, the image shows for promoted threads containing the slide.jpg attachment.

Now, when I look at @Jaxel 's site (http://8wayrun.com/) and look at the first news in the slider, when you click on it, it sends you here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcali...be-downloadable-this-wednesday-4-23-14.17912/

How is he managing to get the picture in the slider but there is no sign of that same picture in the original post?

At the moment, whatever I upload as attachment shows as a thumbnail in the real thread, and looking at Jaxel's site suggests that there is a way of hiding this, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance! :)

To get that, you just have to upload a file in the thread and let this file where it is (just upload, do nothing more). The Slider block prioritize attachements so the first one (if you don't use the promotion system) will be the one displayed, that's it.

To get that, you just have to upload a file in the thread and let this file where it is (just upload, do nothing more). The Slider block prioritize attachements so the first one (if you don't use the promotion system) will be the one displayed, that's it.

I added the "article" layout and the problem is fixed. Thanks so much for helping out @HitArrowLegend ! :)

The styles seem to be broken on xf 1.4.1 and xenporta 1.6.0. It was tested on the default xenforo skin and flexile for xf v.1.4.

tTjj9E5.png

Other than that, I don't see many issues with it. I hope to see somebody make a new free portal to maintain it. Any suggestions on fixing the front page styles?

I downloaded XenPorta and whenever I try to make a thread I get this:

The following error occurred:
Argument 1 passed to EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be of the type array, none given, called in /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 453 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 5
  2. EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 453
  3. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 728
  5. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/index.php at line 13

There is a RecentThreadsx5 block thats in the xml folder in the blocks folder. But that is tabbed not quite like that. A little editing could make duplicate recent threads blocks but not sure they did that.

There is a RecentThreadsx5 block thats in the xml folder in the blocks folder. But that is tabbed not quite like that. A little editing could make duplicate recent threads blocks but not sure they did that.
Thanks for your response. I'll check the RecentThreadsx5 block. :)

The styles seem to be broken on xf 1.4.1 and xenporta 1.6.0. It was tested on the default xenforo skin and flexile for xf v.1.4.

Other than that, I don't see many issues with it. I hope to see somebody make a new free portal to maintain it. Any suggestions on fixing the front page styles?

Go to EWRblock_RecentNews.css and remove
.recentNews .leftDate .newsDate { margin-left: -45px; }

Top Bottom