[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hi,

I have XenPorta installed on my forum, and since 1.4 was released, I've wanted to replace the 'Latest Profile Posts'-block with the one that's already built-in in the latest XenForo version. I've been trying to mess around with it, but I only got as far as to showing "Latest Profile Posts" on the portal page, without any of the posts loading.

Any help is much appreciated.
Dennis

The add-on will need to be updated/developed further to add profile posts to the portal page.

It's already doable, Jaxel has an updated block on his board 8WayRun.com. It is not possible to just copy the Xenforo one and paste it into the RecentStatus template??

StatusUpdates Block for XF1.4 attached...

Everything else in XenPorta works perfectly fine in 1.4.
Thanks for the update, @Jaxel :) As mentioned a couple of times in the thread, though, Select to Quote doesn't work in articles - any way we can get that working?

Thanks, Jaxel! Much appreciated :) Will it ever support tagging? When people tag someone, it shows up as [<id>:@<username>], fx [1:@Dennis]

Last edited:
If someone can create ( as I have tried but as yet no luck but then I am not a developer) a recent news widget that mimics the look and feel of the recent news block in xenporta, then there is no reason not to goto a widget page.

Is there anyway to have the 'news' posted to the 'front page' non-clickable (aka to thread)? I'd like to completely remove the 'post by', 'continue reading' and the ability for uses to click on the Title/Date to link back to thread. In other words, simply as a 'news' feed.

Any ideas :)?

In the RecentNews template, is there anyway to make the exert that appears in the news section different from the first paragraph of the article? Such as custom text? Some of my threads have YouTube videos at the start which created problem in the layout. Also, is there a way to add an image as a thumbnail that isn't embedded in the thread?

Last edited:
Welcome. After sending each new topic I get this message. What could be the problem?

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /var/www/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xf/index.php at line 13

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/Serv...orrentoldalakhireiforumFreeregesFreeLeech.png
I also have the exact same issue ... I would appreciate any help...

Can someone tell me why this
upload_2014-9-29_15-52-3-png.85449

creates this
upload_2014-9-29_15-52-28-png.85450

Why is there a big white space in the middle?

As my forum is new, what I'd like is to have all the latest discussions showing on my homepage...please help.

Can someone tell me why this
upload_2014-9-29_15-52-3-png.85449

creates this
upload_2014-9-29_15-52-28-png.85450

Why is there a big white space in the middle?

As my forum is new, what I'd like is to have all the latest discussions showing on my homepage...please help.
Are you making a home page?
If so, why not use the portal layout?

This is using the portal layout:
upload_2014-9-30_8-23-24.webp

which gives this:
upload_2014-9-30_8-23-49.webp

There is still a blank space in the middle. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom