[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Can I run this if I have forum installed in root directory ? Maybe I can have portal setup on domain/portal. Is it possible ?

Yes. You do not need to have the portal and the forums in separate directories. They can coexist in the same directory. When you install the portal, it will give you an option in the admincp to be the opening page. This is accomplished through the use of route controllers. You simply check a box in the options to have the portal open first. Then to get to your forums, they can simply click on "forums" in the navbar.

Yes. You do not need to have the portal and the forums in separate directories. They can coexist in the same directory. When you install the portal, it will give you an option in the admincp to be the opening page. This is accomplished through the use of route controllers. You simply check a box in the options to have the portal open first. Then to get to your forums, they can simply click on "forums" in the navbar.
oh thats great!! It does not change current URL structure right ? Like forums url and threads url. I am guess not, but its better to ask rather than assume.

Thanks

Got some problem using the "recent News" block.

When I place the block in my forum and set it up, some times I can see the list of threads from the nodes I selected(and the page numbers below-Show History Navigation) and sometimes I can't. if I can as soon as some action is take in the forum( a new comment on one of the threads at my forum) suddenly the list of threads disappear and all is left is the page numbers below it. If I press the number "1" page I am redirected to the "articles" page, which is also empty(sometimes). If I press the number "2" page I am able to see the threads that are chronologically there.

What is the reason that suddenly threads on the number 1 page doesn't show any more after any action at the forum(I could trigger it by saving some settings at the admin panel).

Last edited:
I'm gonna upgrade this as soon as XF releases 1.3. Can someone confirm that XenPorta works fine with 1.3?

How do i make xenporta show the date like this where it says mar 04

7iWHc.png

and not like this

7iWNo.png

Does anyone know how to set Xenporta as the default index page? Right now I have the homepage going to http://domain.com/portal/ but I want the portal to be http://domain.com/

I setup Xenforo in a /forums directory so it's not in the root directly.

same question but I have forums setup in root directory.
ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Set Index Page Route to portal/

I'm gonna upgrade this as soon as XF releases 1.3. Can someone confirm that XenPorta works fine with 1.3?

I'm going to try this on 1.3 as well. I have seen older post suggest having no problems.
I've used XenPorta on 1.3 since Beta 1, I have no issues with it.

I have version 1.5.8 do I have to delete it first then download 1.6, yes I'm a newbie
No. Download the updated version, upload it to your site (replacing any existing files), then go to your ACP homepage. On the right of the page you should see a list of your installed addons. Click XenPorta then click Upgrade. Finally, just tell it to use the new .xml. For a more in-depth tutorial, look at XenForo's manual for Add-Ons.

Tried to search but the word "attach" is too common, basically got the RecentFeatures block to run the slider which works great, my only issue is the word "ATTACH" is on the images, the other text is fine but Im not sure how to get rid of the "ATTACH"

Im sure its something simple?[/ATTACH]

Also intermittently having issues with the images not displaying, no consistency at all tested on different browsers and all images attached the same way

Last edited:
@Jaxel: I'm going to try asking again. Is the third time going to be the charm? :x

@Jaxel: Is it possible to easily rephrase the activity phrase from "Viewing portal index" to "Viewing page Home"? (The blue text represents the hyperlink.) I've tried this before, and I know "Viewing portal" is a phrase, which can be easily changed, but it looks like "index" comes from somewhere else.

Also, you should update the What's New? phrase to New Posts to reflect the changes in XenForo 1.2. Not only that, but the link as well.

In the template EWRporta_Navtabs, just change this:
Code:
{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}

to this:
Code:
{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}

I'm having trouble figuring out how to promote a thread. Any help would be appreciated as I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Should be a "promote options" button when logged in as long as the permissions have been set correctly for the account your using

promote.webp

Top Bottom