[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I have just set it all up as in this thread Trash XenPorta Sidebar. Very easy to do but just remember the first block "Clear Side blocks" only clears the blocks on the right where you want to place your Widget Framework Blocks. The blocks in the left and middle are still done in the XenPorta configuration. I have selected to not have anything in the left so I am just using the middle option from XenPorta

Actually for those that want to do this all I have now done is added new blocks into my Widget Framework using the code below in the Position option.

Code:
EWRporta_ArticleView, EWRporta_Portal,

So now I have the XenPorta ones where I want them and the additions where I want those. I am only using the right hand blocks here

I'm using the latest xenforo with 1.6 xenporta, however on the blocks page I can't drag and drop any of the blocks, they won't move and nothing happens when I try to drag and drop them.

I gave the adminstrator perms for xenporta as well.

Last edited:
Good day to all! Is there any guide/tutorial out there on how to make a block that writes and reads data from the database? I trying to come up with a block where I, the admin, can put some custom text on a content box of a basic HTML Block via the Admin Control Panel and after saving it, gets reflected on the portal page of my XF installation.

Here is a picture of what I would like to happen: capturepic.webp
and gets outputted as:
capturepic2.webp

The continue reading button broke in 1.3 beta 3 guys, just a heads up!

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 2.18.16 PM.webp

EDIT: ONLY ON FIREFOX IT DOESN'T WORK BUT IT WORKS ON CHROME.

Embedding image for from non https source in https forum result broken https. Image does not follow image proxy rules.

Latest XenPorta + 1.3 Beta 3

Hey folks.
I'm having an issue duplicating a Portal Block. The new block instance I created is not being rendered. Here is what I have so far.

Copied the .xml and .php of the Block I wish to duplicate.
Renamed the xml and php files.
Installed the new block.

I can see the new block listed in "Blocks"
I can place the new block on the layout.
I can see the EWRblock_ template created.

When I load up he page the new block is not being rendered.

I have no idea if I need to take additional steps or how to begin the debug process.

Any hits and/or guidance will be much appreciates!

thanks.

So I found the source of the issue but do not know why it's happening.
The issue is this block of code:
PHP:
        if ((!$addon = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_AddOn')->getAddOnById('MyNewAddOnDupe')) || empty($addon['active']))
        {
            return "killModule";
        }
I have no idea why the getAddOnById method is coming back null. I know it's not the 'active' check because I removed that part from the condition and it was still executing as a true statement.

How do I register that id? I confirmed the "Block Id" from the edit block screen. And even verified the block id in the ewrporta_blocks table.

EDIT: SO SORRY...found the issue...total typo when I created the add on :(
I worked my way down to the getModelById method and saw it was querying the 'xf_addon' table. I see there I missspelled the name of the addon...HUMPH...there goes two days wasted...what a noob :(

Last edited:
Anyone know how to fix this? It only happens when I use the recent attachments and recent news. Also now the recent features isnt working. Everything was working great and now this?

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY xf_attachment.attach_date DESC LIMIT ?, ?' at line 8 in C:\xampp\htdocs\library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentAttachments.php at line 36
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentAttachments->getAttachments() in EWRporta/Block/RecentAttachments.php at line 11
  7. EWRporta_Block_RecentAttachments->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  8. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  9. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 582
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/xampp/htdocs/index.php at line 13

Anyone know how to fix this? It only happens when I use the recent attachments and recent news. Also now the recent features isnt working. Everything was working great and now this?

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY xf_attachment.attach_date DESC LIMIT ?, ?' at line 8 in C:\xampp\htdocs\library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentAttachments.php at line 36
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentAttachments->getAttachments() in EWRporta/Block/RecentAttachments.php at line 11
  7. EWRporta_Block_RecentAttachments->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  8. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  9. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 582
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/xampp/htdocs/index.php at line 13
Do you have an auto-promote forum selected?

Top Bottom