[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I got it working but had to remake the forum. It was something I did for sure so lesson learned. Thanks for your help everything is working great!!
What did you do? Other people have had the issue... and I don't have an answer for them.

What did you do? Other people have had the issue... and I don't have an answer for them.
I wish I knew. I was able to recreate the error when I had the catch on certain blocks unchecked. When I checked them and un checked them I could toggle between the errors. This did not however work on my site it only worked on an old one I had off line.I just transferred the data manually to the old one. 1.24 and zenrio,zenporta,zenmedio,zen media gallery,nodes as tabs and more.

How do Categories work? I can't seem to categorize posts? Or am I missing something?

Also how do you do the carousel?

Last edited:
Hello Gang!

I sincerely apologize if this has already been asked and answered. I’m currently running xenporta 1.6 and I’m wondering if there is a way to create a category on the homepage that will allow me to enter text and maybe even embed an image?

One other huge thing… I’m new to XF and my coding Kung Fu is not up to par with most of the challenges I have faced with customizing. It’s been an uphill battle all the way. That being said if what I’m asking is possible is there detailed directions on how to go about implementing it? I feel like a lot of the information here is written for people who have a clear understanding of the ACP and I’m still not sure where everything is. I really need a road map… I just started a week ago last Saturday.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

www.californiareefs.com

I posted about this a few pages back

I have just set it all up as in this thread Trash XenPorta Sidebar. Very easy to do but just remember the first block "Clear Side blocks" only clears the blocks on the right where you want to place your Widget Framework Blocks. The blocks in the left and middle are still done in the XenPorta configuration. I have selected to not have anything in the left so I am just using the middle option from XenPorta

Actually for those that want to do this all I have now done is added new blocks into my Widget Framework using the code below in the Position option.

Code:
EWRporta_ArticleView, EWRporta_Portal,

So now I have the XenPorta ones where I want them and the additions where I want those. I am only using the right hand blocks here

How do Categories work? I can't seem to categorize posts? Or am I missing something?

Also how do you do the carousel?
The carousel pics need to be tagged with a specific name. The default name is slide.jpg and if you upload them as an attachment with that file name they should automatically show up in the carousel. Also make sure you have the cache checked for at least 1 min. in the block options and maybe clear your history and cache Let me know if this works.

When ever I try and rebuild the administrate services for the XenMedio player to I get this error. Please enter a value for the required field 'service_playlist'. Anyone seen this before. It will only allow me to embed youtube videos.

Maybe I'm missing them but, I would love a different format for the recent news. Has anyone released anything? Or willing to help me out trying to make mine look like something from http://www.destructoid.com/ ?

Not to quote myself but.. No one has tried to change the recent news? Of is willing to give us a tutorial how to change it? I know where to change it, but just looking for styling code.

Top Bottom