XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line

XenForo_FrontController->run() in

/var/www/vhosts/currentaffairsforum.com/httpdocs/index.php at line 13

The first error on the server according to the ACP error log:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'block_id' in 'order clause'

Today at 11:25 AM - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

How to fix this?

Thanks.
No idea why you are getting this. However it seems to be referring to the block_id column in the EWRporta_blocks table in your database. Can you check to make sure that the column is present?

Just installed Xenporta and have been reading the FAQs but I am not able to find an answer to this. Is there a way to enable 'article mode' but only for ' all threads' under one particular 'Forum'? Currently when I enable article mode it applies to all forums.

I have a forum named 'Articles' and would like the article mode only for the posts under that. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Last edited:
Hey,

I've no doubt this has been covered a million times but after hours of searching this thread, the forums and Google I'm waving the white flag...

I am looking to create a layout pretty much identical to the one on www.8runway.com, with the slider at the top and full width article blocks below it. As it stands, I can only get little squares with the posts/articles on the left hand side.

I have been reading a load of different things every where about attaching slide.jpg, importing recentSlider.xml etc, then I read that recentSlider is depreceated (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-159#post-618459) etc so I'm not quite sure where I'm heading with this.

I did try to follow the advice in this guide (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.24241/#post-297125) but again am not having any luck.

Thanks in advanced for any responses.

P.S. Great add on @Jaxel

Hey,

I've no doubt this has been covered a million times but after hours of searching this thread, the forums and Google I'm waving the white flag...

I am looking to create a layout pretty much identical to the one on www.8runway.com, with the slider at the top and full width article blocks below it. As it stands, I can only get little squares with the posts/articles on the left hand side.

I have been reading a load of different things every where about attaching slide.jpg, importing recentSlider.xml etc, then I read that recentSlider is depreceated (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-159#post-618459) etc so I'm not quite sure where I'm heading with this.

I did try to follow the advice in this guide (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.24241/#post-297125) but again am not having any luck.

Thanks in advanced for any responses.

P.S. Great add on @Jaxel
Blocks must be placed in the -Right positions (Top-Right, Mid-Right, Bottom-Right) to get them full width.

Well, that was easier than I anticipated! Thanks for the help @Martok

Am I missing something obvious regarding the recent slider too?

Thanks,

Andy
Recent slider has been deprecated. You should now be using the Recent Features block. I believe it works in a similar way but is supposed to be better. Beyond that, I don't know as I don't use it. :)

Recent slider has been deprecated. You should now be using the Recent Features block. I believe it works in a similar way but is supposed to be better. Beyond that, I don't know as I don't use it. :)

Yet again, perfect solution @Martok! Not sure why I couldn't work that out but I thank you for saving an evening of headache.

Thinking about moving my entire WordPress CMS to this plugin. Did anybody did that + redirects from Wordpress? did you get a hit by Google?

Is there a way to enable 'Article Mode' but only for ' all threads' under one particular 'Forum'? Currently when I enable article mode it applies to all forums.

Really sorry for bumping this, but I have been trying to figure this out for nearly 3 days now without any success. Is this even possible to do? I can see that on 8wayrun.com they have an 'Article Section' and a 'Regular Forum', so I would assume that it is possible. Would this require some custom coding?

Really sorry for bumping this, but I have been trying to figure this out for nearly 3 days now without any success. Is this even possible to do? I can see that on 8wayrun.com they have an 'Article Section' and a 'Regular Forum', so I would assume that it is possible. Would this require some custom coding?
I think that only those threads that you promote to the front page appear in Article mode, all other threads across the forums should appear in the usual format. I've just switched on Article mode (I don't really use it) and this is how it behaves for me.

Can you please explain how can I use the "Recent features block? When I activate it I only see a black square. I'm obviously missing something :)
Any suggestions for Recent accordion will also appreciated :)

I think that only those threads that you promote to the front page appear in Article mode, all other threads across the forums should appear in the usual format. I've just switched on Article mode (I don't really use it) and this is how it behaves for me.

Thank you for replying @Martok. Thanks to your reply, I think I finally figured this out, phew!

In Blocks > Recent News > News Source Forums, if you set the 'News Source Forums' to 'Unspecified', only the threads that you manually promote will appear in Article Mode as you rightly mentioned.

But if in 'News Source Forums' instead of 'Unspecified' if we select 'Forum Categories', any 'Forum Category' we select will automatically be converted to 'Article Mode'. So if I were to select 'Main Category', all threads under the 'Main Category' will automatically convert to 'Article Mode' whereas 'Threads' in other (unselected) Forums will still remain in usual format and would require manual promotion. At-least that's how it's working for me.

Very simple, but super hard to figure out for a beginner. Wish this was included in the faqs section.

Hi there,

I created some custom RecentNews Blocks and I want to know about something, categories.
My problem is that when I go to a category, the first Recent News (the one from Jaxel) only show articles from this category but the other don't care about it and still display all the news from forums associated. Is there a chance to have something different because I don't really want to make 8 others RecentNews blocks (I'm using it for a video game news site with 1 game per portal). I just want to this functionnality to be back for my customs blocks ! ^^

Hit'

The date for some reason loads in two lines instead of Oct 03, it loads '0' and then '3' below that. Please see attachment. This happens even if I disable 'Push Date Out of Block' option. This happened to me in my test site as well as my main site. I am using the default style with modifications. Is there a way to fix this?

Also is there a way to put a border around the date area using Extra.css? Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• xenporta-date.webp
    xenporta-date.webp
    2 KB · Views: 26
The date for some reason loads in two lines instead of Oct 03, it loads '0' and then '3' below that. Please see attachment. This happens even if I disable 'Push Date Out of Block' option. This happened to me in my test site as well as my main site. I am using the default style with modifications. Is there a way to fix this?

Also is there a way to put a border around the date area using Extra.css? Any help appreciated.

The box is too small for the text. Reducing the font size of the text will fix it. As will reducing the padding in the box.

Edit: It's definitely been mentioned in this thread lots of times before.

I believe that Recent Features works in the same way as the old Recent Slider block which is detailed in the XenPorta User Guide and FAQ.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.383/
Thanks but i doesn't work.

From the ACP i selected a News Source Forum in there i created a new thread and in there a new post and I attached an image named slide.jpg as suggested in Recent feature block option, I enabled caching of data every 1 min but no slide.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• ry of a legend.webp
    ry of a legend.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 22
Hey guys,

I got a problem, I uninstalled Xenporta from my Xenforo installation, and when I try to install it again, I've this error :

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create table 'dbname.EWRporta_blocks' (errno: 121)
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 104
  4. EWRporta_Install->_install_50() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 46
  5. EWRporta_Install::installCode()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /path/admin.php at line 13

I checked in pma, I've no db named "EWRporta_blocks".
It looks like a Duplicate Key problem, but I've no idea how to resolve this...

Any idea ?

Top Bottom