[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Anyone knows where can I find phrases for block titles like "Recent Threads" or "Recent Status Updates", "Facebook Group", ...? I want to translate them, but I am not able to find them in phrases.

sorry for noob question, but i'm new to xenforo.
i try search for these but i can't.

- how to remove DUPLICATE home in Navigator bar on xenforo 1.2.1, xenportal 1.6
- how to make layout like www.8wayrun.com . i need the PROMOTED thread on left and sidebar on right, but i cannot do it on ADMIN->LAYOUT->PORTAL

screenshot20130825004259.webp

screenshot20130825004355.webp

- how to remove DUPLICATE home in Navigator bar on xenforo 1.2.1, xenportal 1.6
Options > Basic Board Information > URL Homepage delete it. It says there: "This is the URL to your home page, outside of the board. If this is left blank, 'Home' will not appear in the navigation."

Hi Jaxel and XenPorta fans.
I'd like, if I may to share my thoughts as a newcomer to XenPorta but someone who is pretty experienced in using vBAdvanced for vBulletin.
I installed XenPorta today in an effort to reproduce this page which is currently created using vBAdvanced.
My initial impression is that in the description for the addon, there needs to be an organised list of links to useful information or documentation or resources or a FAQ. Something to help me work my way through what I need to do.
I would make an instructional video of the type I made for the Moderator Checkpoint System. A video explains stuff much better than text and images.
Anyway, can I request please that some help for noobs like me is presented in a easy way?
I want to create a block containing simple html, but I don't know how, and the instructions should be easy to find.
Many thanks for a great resource. Please help me to make the most of it.

@Stuart Wright

In the /library/EWRporta/Block/xml directory, you will see various installable modules that are not installed by default. Several of them are custom html modules, though I'm unsure of the differences between them. I'd install those to test things out and delete the ones you don't end up needing.

To install them, visit: admin.php?ewrporta/blocks

and click "Install Block" in the upper right hand corner. That should help get you started...

Options > Basic Board Information > URL Homepage delete it. It says there: "This is the URL to your home page, outside of the board. If this is left blank, 'Home' will not appear in the navigation."

thank a lot. now i can remove duplicate home navigator.

Screenie your current forum homepage?

now my forum look like this.
screenshot20130825083735.webp

but i need to show PROMOTED THREAD look like this

screenshot20130825004259.webp

but i cannot find how to change LAYOUT or config it

screenshot20130825004355.webp
i cannot stretch RECENTNEWS. i must put it on MID-LEFT or MID-RIGHT

please suggest me.

Hi Guys,

I want the new Recent Features look similar to the old slider, i also added the code that provided in the latest add-on update, but for the attached images in the slider, it is in the center. I was tried to move all attached images to the right side (the summary text still in the left side) using CSS, but i couldn't do it.

Anyone how to do that?

Thank you! :)

Anyone can help me on this please! :(

thank a lot. now i can remove duplicate home navigator.

now my forum look like this.
View attachment 55057

but i need to show PROMOTED THREAD look like this

View attachment 55058

but i cannot find how to change LAYOUT or config it

View attachment 55059
i cannot stretch RECENTNEWS. i must put it on MID-LEFT or MID-RIGHT

please suggest me.
Put RecentNews on Mid-Right.

one question.

how to trim PROMOTED THREAD and end with [...] like this image?

View attachment 55070
Go to AdminCP > Blocks (under XenPorta in the sidebar) > RecentNews, then change "Max Summary Length" to something like 1000.

For those who have problem installing or updating this addon, let deactivate TMS ..
I have updated XenPorta after i deactivated TMS, without any erros ...

Just a Tip ...

Has something changed in terms of globalized layouts? My previous setup doesn't seem to be working anymore. I've checked:
Thread (thread-# > thread-forum-# > thread)
Added the correct code to the bottom of thread_view and forum_view
In Layouts added: thread-forum-xx

Doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm kinda a rookie at this kinda stuff. I have version 1.5.8
do I have to download 1.5.8a, 1.5.9, and 1.6.0 to get all the updates

Has something changed in terms of globalized layouts? My previous setup doesn't seem to be working anymore. I've checked:
Thread (thread-# > thread-forum-# > thread)
Added the correct code to the bottom of thread_view and forum_view
In Layouts added: thread-forum-xx

Doesn't seem to do anything.
Can you be more specific about how it's not working? Also what versions of Xenforo and XenPorta you are using?

Everytime I change a setting to the FeatureNews block it results in the following error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/neochi/public_html/appinvasion.com/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/neochi/public_html/appinvasion.com/index.php at line 13

I can fix it by reinstalling the block but I really want to change a setting for it. Anyone have any ideas?

Is no one getting this but me?!

Top Bottom